The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

British Muslims, would you fight for the British Army?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SaucissonSecCy
You're dodging the issue-everyone who can has to fight under conscription...you said, this thread was proving what was wrong with muslims and this country, saying, honestly, they wouldn't fight-but the vast majority of English whites, including you I am pretty sure, wouldn't fight if we are talking voluntary service. So don't be a disingenuous hypocrite. You have no right to be so sanctimonious. And anyhow, why should people fight for a country where people have no solidarity, are untrustworthy, and that is totally corrupted and where our rulers sell us out whenever possible?

Because if a majority of them refused to fight, then I can't see a post war UK looking very good for them. That's just a fact, it would make things for them a thousand times worse.
Original post by Wellzi
Because if a majority of them refused to fight, then I can't see a post war UK looking very good for them. That's just a fact, it would make things for them a thousand times worse.

You saying so is stoking it up. And why can't you people stop saying things passively, just own it...say you think they deserve that if it's what you are trying to incite. By the way why should a muslim be condemned for not joining up in voluntary service, when the vast majority of non-muslim Brits don't either? I judge all by the same standard, the position you are taking is cowardly hypocrisy.
You saying so is stoking it up. And why can't you people stop saying things passively, just own it...say you think they deserve that if it's what you are trying to incite. By the way why should a muslim be condemned for not joining up in voluntary service, when the vast majority of non-muslim Brits don't either? I judge all by the same standard, the position you are taking is cowardly hypocrisy.

I'm condemning no one who doesn't sign up voluntarily. The thread clearly asks if Muslims would ever fight for the British army under any circumstance.

Hell, yes.

The number of Muslims serving in the armed forces as a proportion of the total Muslim population is shockingly low. That is true of the whole BME population, but is especially so of Muslims, and we can see a little bit of why in this thread.
British Muslims should fight for justice & Allah. Any army can be just like Satan because of declining of moral values. Patriots would become beasts if no standards of morality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Muslim. If Islam is attacked I'd defend it. I'm British. If Britain is attacked I'd defend it.

If however Britain are fighting what I consider an unjust war then I would not fight. Simple as that.
Islam would not fight an unjust war. If Islam was fighting an unjust war, it would not be Islam. Islam's very nature is rooted in justice.
Original post by Someboady
I'm Muslim. If Islam is attacked I'd defend it. I'm British. If Britain is attacked I'd defend it.

If however Britain are fighting what I consider an unjust war then I would not fight. Simple as that.
Islam would not fight an unjust war. If Islam was fighting an unjust war, it would not be Islam. Islam's very nature is rooted in justice.

Islam can be interpreted in many ways so if your version of islam is under attack, no big deal, just interpret it in other ways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Someboady

In order for Islam to "fight an unjust war", the religion and its followers need to be unified in its interpretation of the scripture. It's not been so historically, nor is it today.
Original post by Wellzi
I'm condemning no one who doesn't sign up voluntarily. The thread clearly asks if Muslims would ever fight for the British army under any circumstance.

You're talking circuitous rubbish. Anyone would fight under compulsory conscription, end of.

And would you ask if Jews in this country would fight in a war against Israel?

You've ignored the rather important point that all the countries we are fighting and killing are muslim.
Original post by JezWeCan!
Hell, yes.

The number of Muslims serving in the armed forces as a proportion of the total Muslim population is shockingly low. That is true of the whole BME population, but is especially so of Muslims, and we can see a little bit of why in this thread.

Extraordinary self-righteousness and audacity to judge if you wouldn't fight yourself. Any as I asked the other guy, would you ask jews to fight Israel if policy demanded? I doubt very much whether the tone towards them would be the same, in fact it would be called anti-semitism in a flash.
Original post by al_94
Why is that? Muslims are working as doctors, teachers, taxi drivers etc they do not need to fight for Britain and I don't care what religion you are these wars are unjust and nobody should support them.

Well if Muslims are willing to work in service jobs "For Britain", why wouldn't they be willing to fight for it?
Reply 331
This was a very educational thread ...
It definitely provided me with some useful insight about the double standards of the majority of the British Muslims.
(Of course I have no way of knowing whether they were British or indeed Muslims)
No because that would make me no different to the opposition and the British army doesn't deserve help from Muslims when they would never do the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samzy21
No because that would make me no different to the opposition and the British army doesn't deserve help from Muslims when they would never do the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who do you mean by "opposition" in this instance?
You're talking circuitous rubbish. Anyone would fight under compulsory conscription, end of.

And would you ask if Jews in this country would fight in a war against Israel?

You've ignored the rather important point that all the countries we are fighting and killing are muslim.

Your idiotic refusal to even properly read my points is beyond a joke now, so this is my final response. Yawn
Original post by TeeEm
This was a very educational thread ...
It definitely provided me with some useful insight about the double standards of the majority of the British Muslims.
(Of course I have no way of knowing whether they were British or indeed Muslims)

So really it wasn't that educational.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheTruthTeller
You could ask: "Why would a muslim want to live in Britain? That makes no sence because Britain is not Islamic".

Many Muslims live in the UK because the government called them to work here. Others to flee persecution because Britain is one of the 'best' countries in the world
I wouldn't fight in any wars anyway. But if I had to yes I would fight for the British. Britain has given me more than what those other muslim countries have given me, so it would make sense.
Original post by SonOfTheGun
You must be out of your ****ing mind

I'm not Muslim and I would never fight in the British army, this country has done nothing for me America couldn't have done

You might not fight for you country out of patriotism or the like, but because the alternative occupation is much worse. Putin for instance.
Reply 339
I would, if I felt that it was a necessary war (e.g WW2 ). But these more recent 21st century phony wars that have no ethical basis imo, i cannot support.

In short, I would fight for my country if my country needed me

Latest

Trending

Trending