The Student Room Group

Sex - Women get it when they want. Men get it when they can

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
But if we're using this all based on the u_r terms, what's the zeroth term? I didn't know that existed

It depends on the sequence being summed. If we're summing ur=ru_r = r, then u0=0u_0 = 0, but if we're summing ur=r22u_r = r^2 - 2, then u0=2u_0 = -2. Whether the 0th term exists depends on the sequence. Obviously it doesn't make sense to sum from 0 when the sequence starts from the r=1 term.
Original post by morgan8002
It depends on the sequence being summed. If we're summing ur=ru_r = r, then u0=0u_0 = 0, but if we're summing ur=r22u_r = r^2 - 2, then u0=2u_0 = -2. Whether the 0th term exists depends on the sequence. Obviously it doesn't make sense to sum from 0 when the sequence starts from the r=1 term.

Ah okay - cheers
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Most men only care about themselves when having sex, not caring if the women is being pleasured -that's why.. DIDD you know women orgasm when there clit is stimulated and not through penetration!! And the average time it takes for us to orgasm is like 20mins while most guys last about 5 mins -.- hmm wonder why most women aren't that keen to have sex unless they meet a guy who wants to give as much as he gets

Certain women (albeit a minority) are quite capable of reaching climax through vaginal or clitoral stimulation, and report distinct yet similarly pleasurable sensations from either.
Original post by Profesh
Certain women (albeit a minority) are quite capable of reaching climax through vaginal or clitoral stimulation, and report distinct yet similarly pleasurable sensations from either.

Yes sorry I knew it was a small majority of women who can orgasm through penetration ( very lucky !!)
Original post by Anonymous
Its seems to me women are able to pick and choose who they sleep with much more easier than men. Men seem to have sex with girls because she's the best he'll get, doing it because he may not get another chance. If a woman gets turned down she'll easily move on to the next man as it is typically the man who has to ask, even the uglisest of women can get laid, ever seen a straight male prostitute when your out? no because girls can go into any club and would find a man to sleep with her straight away. Do people agree?

Basically, and I say this as a women and also from my own perspective, all men want is to get laid. For a woman, it's different. Myself especially, I am very picky with my men. I don't have a 'type' but there are certain things that he needs to have, certain aspects and qualities. And actually I have seen a straight male on a street corner. Many actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quantex
The idea needs to be refined a bit. Good looking men with half decent personalities don't struggle for sex.

Precisely my point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
I don't get sex whenever i want and I'm a girl, I look insanely unapproachable bc I have "resting bitch face"
Actually from an evolutionary sense this makes complete sense and is true. The male aims to have sex with as many females as possible to pass on as many genes as possible (ok maybe the last bit isn't quite the aim for most youthful males but you get the idea). This results in males being less choosey and will often mate with any female. Females on the other are incredibly choosey as the consequences of this choice is a long period of carrying around a small child in their womb and then raising it to adulthood.

While not 100% identical to the human situation the principle holds true. Females "have sex when they want" because most males will have sex if given the chance and females get the choice of who they have sex with. Males "have sex when they can" is because they attempt to have sex with as many people as possibly but only if the female things they are fit enough (in the evolution sense rather than the attractive sense) will they have sex with the male. Obviously this is a sweeping generalisation and not every man wants to have sex with any woman he see's and equally not every women is constantly looking for the perfect sex partner and is really fussy but you get the idea. The principle is imbeded in evolutionary sexual selection and is surprisingly accurate to humans.
If they are halfway attractive then yes they can pretty much get it when they want.

Even average women tend to have options that average men can only dream of.
*******s. I've turned sex down so many times. Girls and boys are more similar these days with their attitudes to sex.
I feel like this thread is the perfect metaphor for TSR.

A strange combination of mathematics advice and threads asking about sex.

SS
i love how people started discussing mathematics on a thread about sex hahaha
Original post by AMaster1
Basically, and I say this as a women and also from my own perspective, all men want is to get laid. For a woman, it's different. Myself especially, I am very picky with my men. I don't have a 'type' but there are certain things that he needs to have, certain aspects and qualities. And actually I have seen a straight male on a street corner. Many actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your point exactly? You seem to be implying that men can attain sex with equivalent females at the flick of a switch - wrong. The reason men only want to get laid is that generally most of us cannot attain it with the females who we want (any man who tells you this is not true is just lying or is part of a small percentage of exceptionally goodlooking/rich males). We can't even attain it with equivalent females who are similar in looks to us because for every girl available she might have 20 guys to choose from who want to bone her as well.

I don't think men aren't picky ... but after a dry spell of pure rejection something that a girl never really experiences we just want to whack one out on any girl. I mean think about it - 'men just want to get laid'. If we were satisfied like women were with WHO they were getting laid with then men wouldn't just want to get laid with anyone. If women weren't getting it with who they wanted they would too look to get one over with but it's not in their psychology because they know that at any moment they can go into a club and pick almost any guy out for sex.

Really unfair actually, but such is life.
Original post by AMaster1
Precisely my point

Posted from TSR Mobile

not struggle for sex? with who? average looking girls? then yes.

good looking girls? most men struggle and any man who believes he doesn't - post me a pic of your latest shag and let TSR be the judge of how fit she is. Bet you she's a 5 or 6 maximum.
It's biologically a fact that women are the ones who select men to produce offspring-we see this in peafowl and hundreds upon thousands of different animals. It's not fair but it's an unavoidable truth so we have to accept it without complaining, HOWEVER, it is equally foolish to complain about men being respected if they have sex with many women more than a woman is respected for having sex with many men-it is part of our ingrained psychology that women are the selectors.

What both groups are essentially doing here is equivalent to saying 'It's not fair that gravity makes us fall to the ground when we want to fly! Therefore, gravity doesn't exist so I'm going to throw myself off of a building and fly away!' It's ridiculous and pointless to even entertain such an argument.
That DJ-P0N3 shirt is boss, not gonna lie.
Original post by Davalla
So basically, OP is angry because he is a male that doesn't get chosen for sex, even though the ladies love it; ladies don't love it with him.

Basically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Most men only care about themselves when having sex, not caring if the women is being pleasured -that's why.. DIDD you know women orgasm when there clit is stimulated and not through penetration!! And the average time it takes for us to orgasm is like 20mins while most guys last about 5 mins -.- hmm wonder why most women aren't that keen to have sex unless they meet a guy who wants to give as much as he gets

Tip: Go for shy, slightly insecure men (not too insecure 'cos they're annoying). They can even be good looking if they were fat or really skinny as children/teens. They are likely to overcompensate in bed and try to please you. Hard.
[QUOTE=le_darkhorse;62404919]What is your point exactly? You seem to be implying that men can attain sex with equivalent females at the flick of a switch - wrong. The reason men only want to get laid is that generally most of us cannot attain it with the females who we want (any man who tells you this is not true is just lying or is part of a small percentage of exceptionally good looking/rich males). We can't even attain it with equivalent females who are similar in looks to us because for every girl available she might have 20 guys to choose from who want to bone her as well.

I don't think men aren't picky ... but after a dry spell of pure rejection something that a girl never really experiences we just want to whack one out on any girl. I mean think about it - 'men just want to get laid'. If we were satisfied like women were with WHO they were getting laid with then men wouldn't just want to get laid with anyone. If women weren't getting it with who they wanted they would too look to get one over with but it's not in their psychology because they know that at any moment they can go into a club and pick almost any guy out for sex.

Really unfair actually, but such is life.

Biologically, the reasoning behind men and sex is primarily to reproduce. Therefore, a high sex drive allowed that. Now you look at it, we have 7.3 bil on the planet and don't need another 7.3 bil. Now, it's all about the pleasure that men get from it. (Not saying that is women don't get it...) but it's true.

Remember that the reason women reproduced was to have children too. But, in the case of a woman, she would be concerned about the baby's future. Was the father good looking enough for the child to have a good life? Was the father carrying anything that could be passed on? Etc...

Also, I do apologise for having fortunately upper class handsome friends. Just needed to address that issue. And you're wrong with your statement about how women don't face rejection. We really do! And there aren't that many good looking guys out there... I lie, but there aren't enough for every woman to have one... All of you men have a chance, so stop beating yourself up about it!
[QUOTE=le_darkhorse;62404973]not struggle for sex? with who? average looking girls? then yes.

good looking girls? most men struggle and any man who believes he doesn't - post me a pic of your latest shag and let TSR be the judge of how fit she is. Bet you she's a 5 or 6 maximum.

Lol! First and foremost, I am a woman. Second, the men who I have been with are truly amazing men. They are handsome and have more to offer than a d*ck. They also have a life and a personality. Which is also important

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending