The Student Room Group

Predictions 2016 Biology AQA GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by surina16
This is such a cute post :tongue:
Yeah I've heard the same thing - 6+ A*s to be competitive for medicine but I'm aiming for 7 just to be sure! :wink:
Are you definitely taking 4 subjects even with the reforms? Tbh it doesn't matter what you do as long as you do chem and bio so just choose the next subject that you enjoy and are good at and you'll be amazing! I thought about psychology but hate the idea of doing an essay-based subject past gcse :colondollar:
Same thing to you - try not to get distracted. You can do it for another 130ish days :biggrin: You sound really motivated anyway haha. I plan on doing similar things, just need to continue making notes for certain subjects and then its just a case of going over them and doing past papers :smile:
After the degree I'm hoping to become a surgeon however I understand it is *slightly* ambitious (but lets stay positive! :biggrin:)
What about you?

P.S yes that was a compliment :wink::tongue:

This is - yet again - such a cute post.. since it's coming from a cute person:wink:
Tbh, I am trying to be motivated but I am not quite sure if I can get 7 A* (yes - you make a good point!)
I am not quite sure on what I would like to be when I am older, but I do like the heart the bowls and Genetics (generally) - that's all I can say for sure!
You make a good point about revision - but in my mocks I got an A* in chem, A in Physics and high B (1 mark off an A) in Bio and I use the same revision technique for all of them and yet still got different grades. Would you care to give me any advice as to how you revise for the sciences???
Thanks - anyway gtg now - I am So tired and got school tomorrow morning.
Stay cute!:wink:
Btw, YOU ARE clever - trust me. I am never wrong.
Honestly, don't worry about it :smile: When you go in there, you'll realise how easy they are! Most people in my class (including me) went into the ISA with very little prep - the main thing for you is completely understanding the practical you plan to write about and you can normally find a method on gcse science methods :biggrin:
I guess my main tips for the ISAs are to know your terminology quite well, and to be very specific in all of the answers that you write down - most of us lose marks for being too vague!

Good luck tomorrow :h:

thank you :smile:
Reply 22
stooooppp :colondollar::tongue:
I am 100% certain you will get 7A* if not more, "trust me. I am never wrong" and I can tell you're insanely smart!
And I agree with you - in fact the heart and genetics are two of my favourite areas that I've come across! :wink: (how weird lmao)
Well done for all those grades, especially that A* in chem. For me, last year I made a mindmap for each topic on A4 paper (eg. One for the whole of B1.1 which was keeping healthy or something) because I find that they're easier to revise from and you can see all the links quite clearly? For the yr11 mocks I'll admit that I winged both chem and physics but looked over my mindmaps before my biology exam, and biology was the one I felt most comfortable walking into, so definitely revise properly for them!!
For physics, its mainly the case of applying equations to a problem or knowing the basic stages of processes (such as how power stations run).
Care to return any tips? :biggrin: - especially on those darn 'how science works' questions which get me every time :/
School tomorrow? That sounds horrible! :frown:

Stay sweet :wink:
[sorry for another long post]

Thanks for the advice - I will take it all on board!
I will give you some tips... I'm just not in a good mood - sorry!
BUT I promise I will return some tips back to you - count on it. I just need to think of some too....:biggrin:
(No worries - I like to talk to you :wink:)
Give me some examples of ;how science works' questions so that I know what to work on for you.
true, in our mock there was a case study ish question about bladder seaweed and someone said it came up on an old paper :smile:
and yeah haha :tongue:

It was in my mock too... I hated that question so much!!!!
no.
please can someone explain about what the Bladder Wrack is in biology? there seems to be questions on it frequently but can't find it mentioned specifically in the spec and never know what to say about it :s-smilie:
Original post by jazz_xox_
please can someone explain about what the Bladder Wrack is in biology? there seems to be questions on it frequently but can't find it mentioned specifically in the spec and never know what to say about it :s-smilie:

It's an aquatic plant and is adapted by its air holes it has. When it photosynthesis and produces oxygen, it becomes less dense and thus floats on the surface. By doing so, it can gain more light from the sun from rival plants.
babe I thought we where a thing 💋💑🙈❤️💛💚💙💜💓💞💟💝💘💕💖❣💗
Stop flirting with my girl. Thanks yo stay cute 😘👨*❤️*👨👨*❤️*👨
Reply 29
true, in our mock there was a case study ish question about bladder seaweed and someone said it came up on an old paper :smile:

yhyh we did that as our mock too and i reckon it'll be about statins or some ****
Reply 30
H.Cool you absolute alpha
Reply 31

***** ass ***** i did that paper for my mock and that **** is ****in hard waht do you think is 2016s 6 marker?
Original post by Rahat.H
***** ass ***** i did that paper for my mock and that **** is ****in hard waht do you think is 2016s 6 marker?

no idea I fu**ed that question up so bad
hope its something like the processes of testing drugs :/
I have a feeling it's on drugs
Reply 34
Original post by H.cool
Hi!
Any predictions for Biology, Chemistry or Physics GCSE AQA?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
H

**** you and your gecs motherfucer
Reply 35
H.Cool did u smash?
I'm in year 10 and practically dying over exams. I have three science GCSE exams next week (Unit 1: biology, chemistry, physics) as well as five FSMQ papers (extra math qualification). And then I have a French actual controlled assessment that goes towards my final grade in year 11.

I genuinely don't know if I can get reasonably good in all those. Especially the FSMQ exams. But apparently they're really easy. Idek.

Has anyone got a predicted paper document for the AQA science unit 1 exams?
I'm currently doing the Biology(and Chem and Physics soon!!) exam on Tuesday, could you guys help me by giving me brief details on how to answer, I mean, majority of the questions have repeated answers right??
Original post by Oblivion99
Hey guys :smile:

AQA have a tendency to repeat questions (i.e the bladder wrack question) - also 6 markers are vital to predict for they account for 10% of our exams - B1 I predict a bacteria/experiment question.. however they can also be amigious and thus the "method" and prove hypothesis in last years B2 which was terrible! :frown:

That was my paper haha I thought it was alright tbh, paper 1 was so much worse
omg guys the b1 exam is in 4 days and i need to revise. i cant find the motivation but i guess looking in the student room is better than playing games

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending