The Student Room Group

Does anyone else think weed is stupid?

Scroll to see replies

It's probs not smart to smoke every day of the week. But there's nothing stupid about getting lit every once in a while. Especially if you're having trouble with relaxing.
Original post by SmashConcept
Well, that's OK. I suppose from your rather passionate tone I assumed that you were trying to say something that was somehow novel, insightful, or controversial. Saying something blatantly obvious that literally nobody disagrees with is cool too though.

No not at all. I thought I was stating the obvious too but it seemed to have hit a nerve with someone..
You don't have to agree for it to be true. Denial is real.
Reply 142
stoopid ?
S4.jpg
Original post by cherryred90s
Yeah because people who smoke weed at parties and social events do so because they have seizures and muscle spasms don't they? You and many others do not smoke weed because you have muscle spasms.
Your example is ridiculous. You don't NEED to smoke in order to 'walk down the lake.' You do that because you WANT to. You WANT to be high, you don't HAVE to be high. That is why it is unnecessary.

I'm not wrong, it's completely unnecessary in the context we have been talking about. The people who do smoke for medicinal reasons do not account for the majority of instances of when people do smoke weed. Im unsure as to why you're attempting to bring in a new argument, there has been no previous mention of smoking weed medicinally. It's only because you realise that it is unnecessary in the case were talking about that you want to continue this argument by introducing something else. Well, I'm bored of it.

Actually, I am pretty sure it was never specified which context it was being used in, you simply said that weed was unnecessary, however that is besides the point. I provided a context in which it is necessary, ie medical use. You seem to think that I have provided this example to justify why I and many others smoke it, not once did I say that, I made it crystal clear that there are different contexts and in some contexts the term 'unnecessary' is subjective, yet you seem to think I am trying to take a new approach to the argument, talk about selective reading. Taking the travel insurance example from the definition I provided previously, just so you don't get confused again and think I am trying to start a new argument (even though I continued with the same argument as before), some people think that travel insurance is unnecessary, this implies there are others who think it is necessary. You do not need travel insurance to go travelling, yet many people deem it a necessary purchase before they leave. To board a plane and travel the world, insurance is unnecessary. To get the life saving operation you cannot afford without travel insurance though, it is necessary to have it. Convert this to the lake scenario, to go the the lake, weed = unnecessary. You enjoy the lake more, weed = necessary.

And no, my example is not ridiculous. I couldn't have been more clear that in order to go down to the lake, weed is not necessary, therefore it is unnecessary (agreed on this several times now), so I am not sure why you felt the need to tell me something I just told you. In order to enhance the experience however, it is required, it isn't the only way to enhance the experience but it is one way and to enhance it in that way it is necessary to smoke weed as nothing else will get you to that state of mind.

The problem here is you are using the term in a very matter of fact way, ie do you need x to do y? No, therefore = unnecessary in any given case. Whereas I am taking a more realistic and life related approach of 'do you need x to do y? No, but factoring in x will take you to z, thus to get z as a product, x it is necessary.

The necessity of getting to "status 'z' " is entirely subjective and depends on how you look at it and your general outlook on life, ie is reaching that point necessary to live in that situation? No. Is reaching that point necessary to enjoy that situation more than you otherwise would without it? Yes. Thus we have two different outlooks on the same situation, one deeming it unnecessary and the other necessary.

I feel I have been fairly clear on that point previously, though I can't make it much more clear than that, all I can say is that I'm not going around this roundabout with you again.

You don't need to be high to enjoy yourself either and if you think you do, there's an underlying issue there that weed will only temporarily solve.

I know this wasn't a direct response to me, however, nobody ever said anything about needing weed to enjoy yourself. What dean01234 said was that a greater level of enjoyment can be obtained from a situation if you are high, which is exactly what I have been saying. That doesn't mean all situations without weed cannot be enjoyed or even enjoyed less. I personally think it is quite sad that someone would feel the need to be stoned for basically anything that they do. Not only that but being stoned in almost any situation life throws at you will blunt the effects (no pun intended) of weed in the situations where it would be better to be stoned.
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
Actually, I am pretty sure it was never specified which context it was being used in, you simply said that weed was unnecessary, however that is besides the point. I provided a context in which it is necessary, ie medical use. You seem to think that I have provided this example to justify why I and many others smoke it, not once did I say that, I made it crystal clear that there are different contexts and in some contexts the term 'unnecessary' is subjective, yet you seem to think I am trying to take a new approach to the argument, talk about selective reading. Taking the travel insurance example from the definition I provided previously, just so you don't get confused again and think I am trying to start a new argument (even though I continued with the same argument as before), some people think that travel insurance is unnecessary, this implies there are others who think it is necessary. You do not need travel insurance to go travelling, yet many people deem it a necessary purchase before they leave. To board a plane and travel the world, insurance is unnecessary. To get the life saving operation you cannot afford without travel insurance though, it is necessary to have it. Convert this to the lake scenario, to go the the lake, weed = unnecessary. You enjoy the lake more, weed = necessary.

And no, my example is not ridiculous. I couldn't have been more clear that in order to go down to the lake, weed is not necessary, therefore it is unnecessary (agreed on this several times now), so I am not sure why you felt the need to tell me something I just told you. In order to enhance the experience however, it is required, it isn't the only way to enhance the experience but it is one way and to enhance it in that way it is necessary to smoke weed as nothing else will get you to that state of mind.

The problem here is you are using the term in a very matter of fact way, ie do you need x to do y? No, therefore = unnecessary in any given case. Whereas I am taking a more realistic and life related approach of 'do you need x to do y? No, but factoring in x will take you to z, thus to get z as a product, x it is necessary.

The necessity of getting to "status 'z' " is entirely subjective and depends on how you look at it and your general outlook on life, ie is reaching that point necessary to live in that situation? No. Is reaching that point necessary to enjoy that situation more than you otherwise would without it? Yes. Thus we have two different outlooks on the same situation, one deeming it unnecessary and the other necessary.

I feel I have been fairly clear on that point previously, though I can't make it much more clear than that, all I can say is that I'm not going around this roundabout with you again.

I know this wasn't a direct response to me, however, nobody ever said anything about needing weed to enjoy yourself. What dean01234 said was that a greater level of enjoyment can be obtained from a situation if you are high, which is exactly what I have been saying. That doesn't mean all situations without weed cannot be enjoyed or even enjoyed less. I personally think it is quite sad that someone would feel the need to be stoned for basically anything that they do. Not only that but being stoned in almost any situation life throws at you will blunt the effects (no pun intended) of weed in the situations where it would be better to be stoned.

Medical use is a moot point, because that's not what you use it for, so it's still unnecessary. I can't be bothered to read the rest, a lot of it is repetition.
Go and smoke you weed, I don't care.
Medical use is a moot point, because that's not what you use it for, so it's still unnecessary. I can't be bothered to read the rest, a lot of it is repetition.
Go and smoke you weed, I don't care.

You won't read the rest bc you know I have a point and you've been chasing the wrong point all along, I've been repeating myself because you can't seem to grasp what I am saying, though my last post was pretty much as fool proof as it gets.

Medical use was not a moot point as it demonstrated the concept of different contexts.

Oh and such a mature sign off btw. I don't take particularly kindly to little kids telling me to go smoke my weed. I'll smoke my weed when I feel like smoking it thank you, you have no say in the matter. I have coursework and football today, so I think I'll give it a miss tbh.

bye now.
You won't read the rest bc you know I have a point and you've been chasing the wrong point all along, I've been repeating myself because you can't seem to grasp what I am saying, though my last post was pretty much as fool proof as it gets.

Medical use was not a moot point as it demonstrated the concept of different contexts.

Oh and such a mature sign off btw. I don't take particularly kindly to little kids telling me to go smoke my weed. I'll smoke my weed when I feel like smoking it thank you, you have no say in the matter. I have coursework and football today, so I think I'll give it a miss tbh.

bye now.

You're easily offended, u should work on that. In addition, we were specifically talking about THIS context.
Bye :h:
You're easily offended, u should work on that. In addition, we were specifically talking about THIS context.
Bye :h:

This context is the context I referred to when putting my point across.

Not once was I offended.
This context is the context I referred to when putting my point across.

Not once was I offended.

Lmao at both those statements
my opinion these days is that weed is a sleep medicine for me - it might make me giggly but the main effect on me is drowsiness - but that's a good thing because some nights I simply cannot sleep, so weed is great at knocking me out and putting me to sleep quickly. I don't know how anybody wouldn't want to take a nap after smoking a joint (or two) - that's my first desire after getting really high.
Original post by sleepysnooze
my opinion these days is that weed is a sleep medicine for me - it might make me giggly but the main effect on me is drowsiness - but that's a good thing because some nights I simply cannot sleep, so weed is great at knocking me out and putting me to sleep quickly. I don't know how anybody wouldn't want to take a nap after smoking a joint (or two) - that's my first desire after getting really high.

Careful with that - you can quite easily become dependent on weed to get to sleep.
Yes.
Original post by Captain Haddock
Careful with that - you can quite easily become dependent on weed to get to sleep.

don't worry - I haven't got to that point yet - I don't take it everyday - maybe once or two a week these days
Lmao at both those statements

kk
just smoked a joint and bought dominoes. I don't feel stupid at all.
Who else thinks pineapples are stupid?
They're expensive, overrated, smell awful and don't even make my cum taste better.
The only benefit I see is you can hollow one out and hide weed inside.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 156

bye now.

real MVP^^^ and also this killed me hahahahha
Not only that but being stoned in almost any situation life throws at you will blunt the effects (no pun intended) of weed in the situations where it would be better to be stoned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending