The Student Room Group

A mother buying alcohol while pushing a pram?

Today I went shopping and in my basket was an avocado, some cheese, some bananas, some milk and then I decided to buy a bottle of wine. I then started to wonder if it looked bad to be buying wine while pushing a baby in a buggy.

So just wondered others thoughts:

1. On a normal looking woman (not a chav etc) buying food and a cheeky bottle of wine while pushing a baby in a buggy and
2. Would your answer differ if that woman just bought wine and wasn't buying any other items? and
3. Would that answer differ if the woman was buying nappies, formula and a bottle of wine?

Probably thinking too much into this lol.
Original post by Sazzy890
Today I went shopping and in my basket was an avocado, some cheese, some bananas, some milk and then I decided to buy a bottle of wine. I then started to wonder if it looked bad to be buying wine while pushing a baby in a buggy.

1. On a normal looking woman (not a chav etc) buying food and a cheeky bottle of wine while pushing a baby in a buggy and
2. Would your answer differ if that woman just bought wine and wasn't buying any other items? and
3. Would that answer differ if the woman was buying nappies, formula and a bottle of wine?

No, completely normal. The woman is NOT pregnant, is buying what seems to be healthy good food...
I would be more disgusted with anyone trying to argue against the woman having the bottle of wine...:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Honestly unless said woman is off her face in public, then I wouldn't really care.
Couldn't care less.
I'm a mum of a 2.5 year old and no one cares unless you opened it and started swigging it in the shop . I've been known to have a glass of wine on a summers day when my daughters playing in the garden, I know it's hard being a youngish mother and worrying about everybody judging you but seriously relax!! I'm much more relaxed now my daughter is a bit older as the days go on you will care less and less about what people think.

I also love rabbits too!! I've got two house bunnies called Patch and Nesquik , Patch is a Harlequin Lop and Nesquik is mixed English spot with half lop ears
Random onlookers might think you're drinking it while pregnant which is a valid concern but also a concern I've never been arsed enough to have with a stranger lol
Original post by homeland.lsw
No, completely normal. The woman is pregnant, is buying what seems to be healthy good food...
I would be more disgusted with anyone trying to argue against the woman having the bottle of wine...:smile:

Original post by mango peeler
Random onlookers might think you're drinking it while pregnant which is a valid concern but also a concern I've never been arsed enough to have with a stranger lol

If the baby is in a buggy she ain't pregnant with it guys.
Original post by Captain Haddock

yeah after rereading my post I have realised I cannot speak english I meant to say the woman is NOT pregnant :colondollar:
Reply 9
You have no idea that the woman is buying the wine for herself or not so you can't really judge. If she was pregnant it may raise some concerns in my head but of course it would never be my place to tell her how to live her life or make assumptions about the woman buying the wine, so why would my judgement matter :smile:
yeah after rereading my post I have realised I cannot speak english I meant to say the woman is NOT pregnant :colondollar:

OP is the woman in question
Original post by Captain Haddock

pregnant or nah it looks irresponsible, not that it's my business either way. Unless she's drunkenly pushing the cart lol
[video="youtube;Qh2sWSVRrmo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

Original post by mango peeler
pregnant or nah it looks irresponsible, not that it's my business either way. Unless she's drunkenly pushing the cart lol

You have an avatar of who I assume is you drinking what I assume is booze in a yob like fashion :-/

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

to be fair wine is super healthy and it's proved to be moderate iron rich and antioxidants are high in red and white has anti cancer properties in moderation
no, if i had to be around a child for an extended period of time i'd likely be drinking too
(edited 8 years ago)

An opinion wouldn't even register it's just your random shopping

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, completely normal. The woman is NOT pregnant, is buying what seems to be healthy good food...

Just want to clarify ... wine healthy. Though I do understand small moderation amounts are fine.
Only physical punishments are acceptable in such a scenario. Its the only effective social control.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending