The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Accommodation in Bournemouth

I received an offer from Bournemouth to study adult nursing which I have firmly accepted and I'm now looking at accommodation in Bournemouth. Has anyone else noticed that the tenancy for the accommodation is shorter then the course? I just wanted to ask here first to see if anyone else had encountered this problem yet or if it was just me :-) xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi Abbzie15,

It depends on what course you're studying; most of the courses finish before the tenancy. In your circumstances, you're able to speak to the halls you're living in to arrange a longer tenancy.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Abbzie15
I received an offer from Bournemouth to study which I have firmly accepted and I'm now looking at accommodation in Bournemouth. Has anyone else noticed that the tenancy for the accommodation is shorter then the course? I just wanted to ask here first to see if anyone else had encountered this problem yet or if it was just me :-) xx

Hi Abbzie,

I am a student ambassador here at Bournemouth University and hopefully I can help with your question.

What course are you looking to study?

Most courses will finish before the tenancy but if for some reason your course is longer you may be able to get a place with a longer tenancy (I believe some of the NHS course's may run for longer)

Cranbourne, Lyme Regis and Purbeck offer studios with 50 week tenancy's for undergraduates.

Corfe house offers a premium en-suite (it's bigger but you will still be in a flat with others) for 50 weeks.

Then the student village offers a premium non en-suite for 50 weeks as well.

If your post graduate then the following accommodations also offer postgraduate studios for 50 weeks:
St John's Road
Student Village
Okeford House
Corfe house
Dorchester
Chesil

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
Gemma :biggrin:
Reply 3
Thank you for the information :-)
Original post by Abbzie15
I received an offer from Bournemouth to study which I have firmly accepted and I'm now looking at accommodation in Bournemouth. Has anyone else noticed that the tenancy for the accommodation is shorter then the course? I just wanted to ask here first to see if anyone else had encountered this problem yet or if it was just me :-) xx

Hi Abbzie

My name is Amy and I am a student ambassador for BU.

If you are doing one of the courses which go on the big dig (archaeology, arch and anth, AAFS etc) don't worry to much. the tennancy will cover you.

If you are really worried call or email askBU,
phone: 01202 961916
email: [email protected]

Was there anything else I could help with?

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending