The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Why Bournemouth University?!

Hey!!

My name is Will, I'm a Media Production student at Bournemouth Uni currently on my placement year!

If you haven't heard of Bournemouth, we are a town on the south coast of England in the tranquil and beautiful county of Dorset!

Coming from the quiet countryside of Norfolk, I knew I didn't want to go to the hustle and bustle of London for University, and I love the coast after many dog walks on the North Norfolk Coast, so somewhere that was a little busy, had the countryside and had the coast was ideal, and Bournemouth fit the bill 100%

And at the same time, I had to decide what I wanted to study. I am a creative person with my background being in Musical Theatre, but I didn't want a career on the stage. Well, what about behind the scenes, or should I say, behind the camera. Bournemouth Uni, as of recent has been investing lots into their facilities to help students achieve the best they can at industry standard. With the completion of the Poole Gateway Building in 2020, I became very excited about the opportunities to create stories and media that others would enjoy, and that's when I applied for my degree at Bournemouth Uni

Another factor was getting experience while I study, and that would be in the form of a work placement. And that's what drew me to my course, BA Media Production allowed me to undertake a sandwich year in between my second and third year. I am now very fortunate to be over halfway through my placement year as a Production Management Intern at The Walt Disney Company! Not to bad right!

I would list more, but you would be reading this for hours. So that is why I chose Bournemouth Uni

If you have any questions about BU, feel free to ask

Will - BU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending