The Student Room Group

Opinion please

I just need to decide which one to go for MSc Economics as the deadline to pay for deposit is approaching.

So please rank these Uni in terms of overall reputation & Economics.

Durham
Bristol
St Andrews
Bath
Nottingham
Exeter
Birmingham
Leeds
Sheffield
Liverpool

Thank you very much for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? You're happy for a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet, with their own prejudices and biases, who may have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, to tell you where you should study? Seriously. Do some research of your own - you're going to have to do plenty of it on a masters course.
Reply 2
I just would like to have some opinion as different people have different experiences about each uni. Surely it's me who will be deciding which suits me best. I have already done my research and the facts about each place. I just wanna know how each uni is perceived in comparison to each other as all of them are relatively on the similar tier of reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bath - simply because that where I'm going :-)
St. Andrews or Exeter.

Or, or, and this should have been done before even posting - get off TSR!
Bristol maybe - not sure
Reply 6
Thanks a lot for your comments. At first I thought Nottingham is reputable for Economics but overall reputation is below Durham / Bristol / St Andrews.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Bristol or Exeter
Nottingham/Durham/Bristol

Edit: wow you applied for a heck of a lot of unis lol
Reply 9
Exeter or St. Andrews. However all of the Universities in your list are good.
Reply 10
Check the course content and assessment methods, which will be available online. Whilst the courses all have the same title, every uni can set their own content and they can be very different. The teaching bias will be geared towards departmental expertise. There's no point, for example, rocking up at a uni with a burning interest in heterodox economics if there are no members of staff working in that field.

Plus you may be able to choose between courses which have different proportions of coursework assessment and exams, if one of those methods suits you better.
Reply 11
Thanks a lot for all your comments everyone. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm genuinely curious - did this thread give you anything constructive to help you choose a course? Where did you decide to apply for in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending