The Student Room Group

Which universities are the most diverse?

Obviously, it's getting closer to the time where I have to narrow down on my decision of where I want to go and I was really wondering which Unis in the UK are the most diverse because personally that's something I am interested in when looking at universities, being able to see people that look just like me, represent me; that's nice to see. I know many Unis pride themselves in being the most diverse with all their stats and figures but I would love to hear from students and others to obtain an unfiltered opinion. Please talk about the atmosphere, any societies, support, stories, and if you felt comfortable there. Obviously the term "diversity" has many different areas so if for this post could it be centred around race or BAME backgrounds. These are everyone's personal opinions so nothings is right or wrong and your experience is yours so feel free to share if comfortable. Please don't feel obliged to rank or order however feel free to do so if needs be.
If you have a read of the Times Good University Guide there are actual statistics of the number of BAME Students and those from state/independent schools. Also unis that have contextual offers for BAME students etc are likely to be openly inclusive and diverse. Also ask around and go visit different unis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending