The Student Room Group

Da'esh headquarters in Mosul absolutely smashed by US Air Force

Scroll to see replies

Thank you USA!

America seems to be doing more against ISIS then Russia did
Great news; thanks for the PSA, OP.

Just to think, if the apologists - sorry I mean "pacifists" - had their way and there was no air strike campaign from USA and UK at all, ISIS would have probably taken most of Iraq by now and would have probably slaughtered most Iraqi Kurds.
Original post by Black Cobra
why you calling them Daesh?

Just call them ISIS like everyone else does.

because from a muslims view, no way is hell are they so called "islamic state" why should i promote things which aren't true, the happiest thing that happened to me is when my non-muslims friends prefer daesh over isis, i didn't even have to tell them :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by sfaraj
because from a muslims view, no way is hell are they so called "islamic state" why should i promote things which aren't true, the happiest thing that happened to me is when my non-muslims friends prefer daesh over isis, i didn't even have to tell them :smile::smile::smile:

Agree with this, it's a better use of language since it promotes the good guys vs bad guys narrative, rather than us vs Muslims.
A bit of old fashioned diplomacy, eh?

Tactically, the West is brilliant and getting better. The strategy almost always fails, though. Only when we combine the two can we make an effective, long-term difference in the Middle East.

SS
Reply 25
Original post by Not So Average
Thank you USA!

America seems to be doing more against ISIS then Russia did

Russia never actually went for ISIS. Their primary purpose was to keep Assad in the game and boost his negotiating position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good news.
When Mosul is liberated one half should go under Kurdish control and the other half under Shia control.
Original post by Ambitious1999
When Mosul is liberated one half should go under Kurdish control and the other half under Shia control.

Full points to me then! No more replies to this thread in several hours! I've shut everyone up again with my opinions while the clique debaters run away from Ambitious99. I certainly know how to end a debate! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending