The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd like them to add a sign for attack helicopters. I'm feeling excluded.
Reply 2
Original post by BristolFresher15
I'd like them to add a sign for attack helicopters. I'm feeling excluded.

Political correctness gone mad
Excellent news. Now we just need to lobby so that all ferries have safe spaces too....
And the more we give in to this nonsense the worse things become. Our forefathers did not fight two world wars for us to succumb to this namby pamby political correctness
Reply 5
I'd like her to tell me what is so humiliating about being asked to use the disabled toilets which are non-gender specific? Is being disabled a humiliating thing now?
(edited 7 years ago)
She argued the use of words rather than symbols on toilets amounted to indirect discrimination.

Can anyone explain this?
Just use disabled toilets if you're that bothered by the ladies/gents signs on toilet doors. >.<
I can only shake my head
Original post by Inexorably
I'd like her to tell me what is so humiliating about being asked to use the disabled toilets which are non-gender specific? Is being disabled a humiliating thing now?

But being transexual isn't a disability.

This case makes no sense at all. I can't see how changing the signs will make any difference.
Reply 10
Why can't she just use the ladies toilet? Isn't she a woman? How is that indirect dicrimination... I don't get it.
It says "ladies" and "gents" not "vagina" and "penis" smh :colonhash:
Reply 11
Original post by z33
Why can't she just use the ladies toilet? Isn't she a woman? How is that indirect dicrimination... I don't get it.
It says "ladies" and "gents" not "vagina" and "penis" smh :colonhash:

I don't get it either. She was discriminated against by being made to use the disabled toliets, but I don't see how the use of "ladies" and "gentleman" for the toilets is relevant. She identifies as a lady, after all.
Reply 12
Lol .... Only way to fix the problem with everyone happy is to just add trans toilers male/female ...
Reply 13
Original post by RobML
I don't get it either. She was discriminated against by being made to use the disabled toliets, but I don't see how the use of "ladies" and "gentleman" for the toilets is relevant. She identifies as a lady, after all.

Exactly that's what I thought... it would've made more sense if she was non-binary or agender but she does identify as a LADY so why can't she use the LADIES' toilets... hmmm

Yeah being made to use the disabled toilets was discrimination I agree (didn't read that part :redface:) - but the signs thing? come on...
The company should appeal and put the sign there. There is nothing wrong with asking a transgender person to use the right toilet.
Reply 15
Original post by Madeline_H95
The company should appeal and put the sign there. There is nothing wrong with asking a transgender person to use the right toilet.

You're suggesting disabled is the right toilet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
You're suggesting disabled is the right toilet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The right toilet is going in the toilet of their sex. If they don't want to do that the disabled toilet for what is comparable a mental disability is right.
Reply 17
Original post by Madeline_H95
The right toilet is going in the toilet of their sex. If they don't want to do that the disabled toilet for what is comparable a mental disability is right.

In what way is a transgender person "mentally disabled"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I was on that cruise I would be upset. So the people who surrounded him could not use the right bathroom because he felt so insecure of his own gender/sex? You know something is not right in the mind when two labels woman and men bathroom just trigger you, lol.
This is society now folks. This is what you wanted it to be. I'm just playing ignorant to most of it now because it seems to become more complicated with each passing day. That's the 21st Century. People complaining over bathroom door signs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending