The Student Room Group

Anyone sick of fat acceptance and the 'big is beautiful' campaign?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblegumcat
well there's a better way in helping them than putting them down for their weight.

1) Where have I put them down?

2) How do you know me and what I do?
Original post by Results
1) Where have I put them down?

2) How do you know me and what I do?

i'm not talking about you specifically but there are a lot of people who do. Why can't people like you just mind their own business?
It used to bother me, but I sort of stopped caring about other peoples health and lifestyle choices. I don't care about the tax I'll pay that goes towards treating these people, I really don't.

Fat shaming is as ignorant as fat acceptance.

Most people don't want to be fat. Okay, it might be self induced. But then you probably haven't ever been addicted to anything to understand the cycle these people get trapped in. I almost feel sorry for them.

....But then I realize it's none of my business.
Reply 103
[QUOTE=Anonymous;65856191]I know more than you but thanks for your input. People have different body times. A lot of people eat a lot but are still skinny. A lot of people have extra fat in them because of genetics. However it doesnt contribute to a lot of fatness. Some people get fat more easily than others but thats just how some of our bodies are made arent they. You just have to work on that. You can be unhealthy and skinny but thats you probably wont see the effects until you get older but if you are fat you will see the effects (increase in fat) sooner.
Doesn't seem like you know ver much and why post anonymously anyway?
No, but I am sick of the "big is ugly" campaign which unfortunately seems to be the prevailing view held by most ordinary people.
And I'm sick of being told about fat-shaming. All fat people should be ashamed.

Except those with medical conditions of course
Original post by Anonymous
Well most health problems today are caused by things we can avoid whether is eating junk food which destroys your body in the future or lack of exercise even if they arent fat. So most of us are wrecking our body one way or another. You might say dont treat STD patients cos they could've avoided it.

Actually STD patients could've worn a condom.

Anyways, while your argument is true, the meaning of my argument is that we should not treat people who are willingly destroying their bodies or taking them to the extremes, because eating one bag of chips is different from eating, say, 50. The main difference between "us" and "them" is that we can stop ourselves when we think it is enough. They won't. Nobody told them to smoke either. That's why I think that treatment should be more segregative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending