The Student Room Group

Dating sites are sexist towards men and biased towards women.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagicNMedicine
Tries online dating and doesn't get any luck
Sets up fake account pretending to be woman and gets loads of messages
Goes on TSR to complain about online dating sites being sexist

Is this the "alpha male" behaviour meninists like to talk about so often....

He's displaying his dominance by stating they should be banned. You're clearly a beta male for not understanding.
Original post by Elivercury
It was a ridiculous first post, is that not usually the sign of a troll? Anyway.

A) I'm male and have been very successful with online dating, so yes I disagree.

B) "easymode" means getting hundreds of messages from 1-4/10's and so called "beta males" (a term I loath btw), which is hardly very helpful when you're trying to find the 10's.

I stand by having a handful of messages from decent prospects is far superior to being bombarded with chaff that hides the wheat.

Of course I am specifically referring to relationships. If all you want is to bang, it's obviously far easier for women, exactly the same as it is in real life.

Shall we start a thread about how pulling in a bar it set to easymode for women but hardmode for men also? Perhaps we can have a group cry.

Are you dumb? I hope this is bait
Where did i say that men cant be successful on tinder? rofl
My point is (if i have to spell it out for you) that men simply have to put in more effort than women on it.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Tries online dating and doesn't get any luck
Sets up fake account pretending to be woman and gets loads of messages
Goes on TSR to complain about online dating sites being sexist

Is this the "alpha male" behaviour meninists like to talk about so often....

Beta nu-male detected. Reddit is that way sir, off you go
Original post by BirdIsWord
Are you dumb? I hope this is bait
Where did i say that men cant be successful on tinder? rofl
My point is (if i have to spell it out for you) that men simply have to put in more effort than women on it.

You clearly can't read if you were unable to gather from my post that I don't believe men have to put more effort in than women, it's simply a different sort of effort. Men have to put effort in trying to stand out, women have to put effort in sorting through the piles of crap to get to the gold.

Which is more effort depends on how difficult it is for you to stand out from the crowd. If that's you then you have my condolences.
You clearly can't read if you were unable to gather from my post that I don't believe men have to put more effort in than women, it's simply a different sort of effort. Men have to put effort in trying to stand out, women have to put effort in sorting through the piles of crap to get to the gold.

Which is more effort depends on how difficult it is for you to stand out from the crowd. If that's you then you have my condolences.

Nah tinder's easy if you play it right
lemme know if you need advice, you seem lost
Original post by BirdIsWord
Nah tinder's easy if you play it right
lemme know if you need advice, you seem lost

I already said I had been highly successful didn't I? The mark of success is not needing to use it anymore. Thanks for the offer though.
Exactly like in real life, nothing new here. Just gotta be attractive bro
If you come into the dating game expecting it to be fair, you are preparing yourself for a miserable failure.
Who'd have thought that being interesting would work eh?

Unless you're a Brad Pitt lookalike that is, in which case it's probably that.

there not picture so it is pure interest
Original post by jamesthehustler
there not picture so it is pure interest

Is that a profile only dating site or have you just refused to upload a picture, if you don't mind my asking?
Is that a profile only dating site or have you just refused to upload a picture, if you don't mind my asking?

never uploaded a picture
I have the option to but haven't done so
Original post by jamesthehustler
never uploaded a picture
I have the option to but haven't done so

Interesting. Might suggest it to my friend. He feels he gets immediately dismissed because he's short.
Original post by Anonymous
A pretty average woman.

If she got 62 likes while you say dating sites are biased towards women...then dating sites are for men...eye candy for men...hunting grounds, for men. Which I believe. It's easier to get attention as a woman but it's for men's benefit more.

Same as the clubs. Have you been clubbing? They have free ladies nights, and proper owners want more women there, because they know men will enjoy it and then more men will come. Women are the honey and men are the bees, but what is the point of honey without bees?

Dating sites are for men. But it sounds like you're mad you don't get any love while on them.
Original post by Jebedee
If you come into the dating game expecting it to be fair, you are preparing yourself for a miserable failure.

Ikr that's why he joined a dating site ini. Because he couldn't even cope with real life dating, no offense, but it's true. It's not easy for men nor women.
Reply 55
It's not a problem with dating sites, it's a problem with society. Solve the root problem and your problem will disappear.
I'm a guy and I just made an account on POF. I'm reasonably attractive and set up a profile that made it clear that I'm looking for a soulmate and not casual hookups, and I've had more messages received than sent. Problem for me is that I'm getting over a girl and I'm comparing them all to her and don't see anybody that captivates me.

All in all I don't think online dating is the way to go personally. I think you find the best people when you just let life play out and you're not looking, maybe you'll meet a girl in class or at work and you'll have a chemistry...that's the best way for me.
Reply 57
Original post by Anonymous
A pretty average woman.

This is why online dating is a waste of time for many males.

A completely average looking woman getting 60+ messages in a matter of minutes.....

meanwhile looks-wise her male equivalent has moths coming out of his inbox.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending