The Student Room Group

£550 Prepayment Fee

Hey guys,
So I know we have to pay the £550 fee within four days in order to secure our accommodation. However, I have no idea where to get this money from. My mother is not financially stable enough to support me (nor does she even want to), and I'm struggling to find a job. I looked at opening a student bank account early so I might be able to get an overdraft, however an overdraft is only permitted once your term starts and there's already £500 in your account.

So yeah. I'm lost lol. Does anyone have any idea where else I can search and/or if the uni allows the fee to be extended until we get our loan?

*for uni of Birmingham btw
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Speak to your uni about it, they can make arrangements
Original post by heymona
Hey guys,
So I know we have to pay the £550 fee within four days in order to secure our accommodation. However, I have no idea where to get this money from. My mother is not financially stable enough to support me (nor does she even want to), and I'm struggling to find a job. I looked at opening a student bank account early so I might be able to get an overdraft, however an overdraft is only permitted once your term starts and there's already £500 in your account.

So yeah. I'm lost lol. Does anyone have any idea where else I can search and/or if the uni allows the fee to be extended until we get our loan?

*for uni of Birmingham btw

hey so deffo talk to your uni but i have another question, they say the 550 will be taen off your annual rent, so does that mean we will pay less each month for rent or is there another way they do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending