The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL portico outage

Hey all, so i received my UCL CAS today and it asked me to access it from my Portico, however there is this outage notice from 12pm 11 August till 17 August . what's annoying is that i received the CAS email at 1pm, like seriously.

My question is, waiting till 17 August is a big delay for me as the course starts at 25 September and i need some time to prepare and apply for the student visa.
What can i do about this? i have sent them an email but apparently it takes about 10 days to respond to my email.

any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by Uksgoopijg
Hey all, so i received my UCL CAS today and it asked me to access it from my Portico, however there is this outage notice from 12pm 11 August till 17 August . what's annoying is that i received the CAS email at 1pm, like seriously.

My question is, waiting till 17 August is a big delay for me as the course starts at 25 September and i need some time to prepare and apply for the student visa.
What can i do about this? i have sent them an email but apparently it takes about 10 days to respond to my email.

any suggestions?

It must be because of the results embargo due to release of A levels results to universities.

What you can do now, is to go through your student visa application requirements on the website & gather all the documents/evidence that UKVI wants & dump them all in a folder on your desktop. Start a UKVI account and begin filling up all your personal details etc (you can save it many times). Come 17th August, you can fill in your CAS number & submit your application, and get your appointment at the nearest biometric centre in your country. I am hearing from friends that they received their UK student visa in a week! It does appear that UKVI has committed extra staff to the process that is probably the busiest time of the year.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by BubblesBB
It must be because of the results embargo due to release of A levels results to universities.

What you can do now, is to go through your student visa application requirements on the website & gather all the documents/evidence that UKVI wants & dump them all in a folder on your desktop. Start a UKVI account and begin filling up all your personal details etc (you can save it many times). Come 17th August, you can fill in your CAS number & submit your application, and get your appointment at the nearest biometric centre in your country. I am hearing from friends that they received their UK student visa in a week! It does appear that UKVI has committed extra staff to the process that is probably the busiest time of the year.

thanks for the kind advice.
if you don't mind i have two more questions as i prepare myself for the visa application

1. The uni sent me the CAS without asking me to pay the deposit or make a prepayment, can i just apply with this CAS or my chances of getting visa will be weaker because i haven't paid any deposit or part of the tuition fee to the uni? as part of the visa application, i saw a question that asks "did you pay any of your tuition fee?Yes/No" option...

2. i'm not sure about accommodation yet, i can see that the university accomodation application deadline was until june so it's too late for it. i have my sister who lives in the UK who's ready to allow me to stay at her house until i find an apartment, so on the visa application should i just write her address. or can i just write the university address, and mention that i don't have an accommodation yet, which one is better for visa aproval
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Uksgoopijg
thanks for the kind advice.
if you don't mind i have two more questions as i prepare myself for the visa application

1. The uni sent me the CAS without asking me to pay the deposit or make a prepayment, can i just apply with this CAS or my chances of getting visa will be weaker because i haven't paid any deposit or part of the tuition fee to the uni? as part of the visa application, i saw a question that asks "did you pay any of your tuition fee?Yes/No" option...

2. i'm not sure about accommodation yet, i can see that the university accomodation application deadline was until june so it's too late for it. i have my sister who lives in the UK who's ready to allow me to stay at her house until i find an apartment, so on the visa application should i just write her address. or can i just write the university address, and mention that i don't have an accommodation yet, which one is better for visa aproval

Tuition fees are not yet due. The deadline for the 1st instalment is 31st Oct.

I don't need a visa and so I don't know exactly what questions are asked on the online application. Your chances of getting a visa has nothing to do with whether you have or have nor paid any of your tuition fees. What you have to show is your financial evidence, a bank statement for past 3 months showing that you have the financial support. Do refer to UKVI website for all the documents that you need to get ready for your submission.

I too cannot comment on Q.2 I really have no idea in what context is that question. Sorry!
Reply 4
Original post by BubblesBB
Tuition fees are not yet due. The deadline for the 1st instalment is 31st Oct.

I don't need a visa and so I don't know exactly what questions are asked on the online application. Your chances of getting a visa has nothing to do with whether you have or have nor paid any of your tuition fees. What you have to show is your financial evidence, a bank statement for past 3 months showing that you have the financial support. Do refer to UKVI website for all the documents that you need to get ready for your submission.

I too cannot comment on Q.2 I really have no idea in what context is that question. Sorry!

much appreciated, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending