The Student Room Group

Arctic Monkeys albums

Rate from 1. being the best and 5. being your least favourite. Go.

1. WPSIATWIN
2. Suck It and See
3. Favourite Worst Nightmare
4. AM
5. Humbug
(edited 7 years ago)
Each newer album has been considerably worse than the last one. Plus with their most recent few albums they've turned into the exact same kind of people that they used to call out when they were just starting out. A little bit hypocrital, but whatever. They've got money to burn now so I doubt they give a toss.

Whatever People Say I Am is good enough to be a cult classic, easily one of the best albums of the 00s, up there with releases like Original Pirate Material (The Streets) and Silent Alarm (Bloc Party). Solid 10/10.

Favourite Worst Nightmare is a slight dip in form but for the most part it's still a brilliant album and similar enough to WPSIATWIN to still be good but different enough to not be boring. 9/10.

Humbug is alright, it's a bit hit and miss in some places but the singles that came from it were pretty strong. 6.5/10.

Suck It And See is boring. 3/10.

AM is very boring. 2/10.
1. FWN
2. WPSIA
3. Humbug
4. SIAS
5. AM
1. WPSIATWIN
2. Favourite worst nghtmare
3. Humbug
4. Suck it and see
5. AM
1 - Whatever People Say I Am.
2 - Humbug
3 - AM
4 - Suck it and See
5- Favourite Worst Nightmare
Original post by pizzanomics
Each newer album has been considerably worse than the last one. Plus with their most recent few albums they've turned into the exact same kind of people that they used to call out when they were just starting out. A little bit hypocrital, but whatever. They've got money to burn now so I doubt they give a toss.

Whatever People Say I Am is good enough to be a cult classic, easily one of the best albums of the 00s, up there with releases like Original Pirate Material (The Streets) and Silent Alarm (Bloc Party). Solid 10/10.

Favourite Worst Nightmare is a slight dip in form but for the most part it's still a brilliant album and similar enough to WPSIATWIN to still be good but different enough to not be boring. 9/10.

Humbug is alright, it's a bit hit and miss in some places but the singles that came from it were pretty strong. 6.5/10.

Suck It And See is boring. 3/10.

AM is very boring. 2/10.

I agree that the last two drag on a bit, Suck it and See would have been much better as one of the B Level acoustic albums. But I think AM is good in the way that it echoes the themes from the first album in a lot of places, its just that they had too many slow songs in it. And they could have done without Fireside completely.
Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not (best album ever)
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Humbug
AM
Suck It And See
1. Humbug
2. Favourite Worst Nightmare
3. WPSIATWIN
4. Suck It and See
5. AM

Quick Reply

Latest