The Student Room Group

Royal College of Surgeons - Dublin, Medicine (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when they actually let you know if you get in? I did my interview about 2-3 weeks ago.
Early April apparently
How did you know? Or is it just an assumption?
Woah okay thanks 😰
Hi Just out of curiosity, did you apply as an international student and where from?
does rcsi send rejection emails if ur application didn't make the 'cut'? I haven't heard anything back and I rang the university up today and the lady said the interviews will be released in 2 weeks? and when i read all these msgs about people being interviewed, I'm left puzzled.
could someone enlighten me?
But I did my interview already 🙁 Didn't get any response back as yet, did you do yours? I applied as an international student. I'm from the Caribbean.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
I am an international student and did my interview early march, just got my offer today. Good luck everyone
Woah you got your offer as in got accepted? CONGRATS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by solangel1989
Woah you got your offer as in got accepted? CONGRATS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh it's a conditional offer but still, thanks
Original post by xxxvov
Oh it's a conditional offer but still, thanks

May i ask what subjects you do.... what the offer is and what were your predicted grades....n also yh wat gcses did u have? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
May i ask what subjects you do.... what the offer is and what were your predicted grades....n also yh wat gcses did u have? :smile:

I do all 3 sciences and maths, predicted 2A*s and 2A. For GCSEs I got 9A*s 1A 1B and the offer is AAB. I didn't do that well in the interview though and stuttered a bit.
Original post by xxxvov
I do all 3 sciences and maths, predicted 2A*s and 2A. For GCSEs I got 9A*s 1A 1B and the offer is AAB. I didn't do that well in the interview though and stuttered a bit.

Nice.... then why didn't you apply to uk med schools..? Also do u hav any idea if i can get in without biology at A-Level... i do physics chemistry maths....also my gcses were 1A 4Bs 3Cs.... do i stand a chance?
Thanks.
Reply 33
Nice.... then why didn't you apply to uk med schools..? Also do u hav any idea if i can get in without biology at A-Level... i do physics chemistry maths....also my gcses were 1A 4Bs 3Cs.... do i stand a chance?
Thanks.

I actually have a weird situation and moved school during sixth form so I didn't bother with UK med schools as I didn't think I would even get an interview... Your subjects are completely fine as they only require Chemistry and other 2 from Maths, Physics or Biology. For GCSEs their website says that you only need 6 subjects and C in Maths and English. I saw in previous threads that people got interviewed in late April and even people who got waitlisted got in in the end so I don't see why you don't stand a chance.
Original post by xxxvov
I actually have a weird situation and moved school during sixth form so I didn't bother with UK med schools as I didn't think I would even get an interview... Your subjects are completely fine as they only require Chemistry and other 2 from Maths, Physics or Biology. For GCSEs their website says that you only need 6 subjects and C in Maths and English. I saw in previous threads that people got interviewed in late April and even people who got waitlisted got in in the end so I don't see why you don't stand a chance.

I mean like people like you apply with strings of A*s and As and i doubt they would even consider a person with 0A*s just an A and no biology
Reply 35
I mean like people like you apply with strings of A*s and As and i doubt they would even consider a person with 0A*s just an A and no biology

Not everyone gets an interview so that's already a good sign, I'm sure that they are satisfied with your academic qualifications which is why they offered you the interview and I believe the result is down to your interview performance.
Original post by xxxvov
Not everyone gets an interview so that's already a good sign, I'm sure that they are satisfied with your academic qualifications which is why they offered you the interview and I believe the result is down to your interview performance.

Noo..... i don't have an interview! I'm still in Year 12 and will be applying to universities this september
Reply 37
Noo..... i don't have an interview! I'm still in Year 12 and will be applying to universities this september

Oh I thought you were an applicant for this year's entry.... Then I wish you luck with your exams, don't lose faith!!
Original post by xxxvov
Oh I thought you were an applicant for this year's entry.... Then I wish you luck with your exams, don't lose faith!!

Thanks a lot! So is it worth giving a shot? Good luck to u too! :smile:
Reply 39
Thanks a lot! So is it worth giving a shot? Good luck to u too! :smile:

Do give it a shot! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending