The Student Room Group

Royal College of Surgeons - Dublin, Medicine (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Congrats! Will you be in the 5 or 6 year programme? I just got my offer today as well. All the best to everyone else applying.
Reply 41
Original post by blopblop
Congrats! Will you be in the 5 or 6 year programme? I just got my offer today as well. All the best to everyone else applying.

5 year, you? Congrats to you too! Are you going to firm it?
Original post by xxxvov
5 year, you? Congrats to you too! Are you going to firm it?

Nice! 5 years too. Not sure if I'll firm it yet, still waiting for some responses from other schools.
Nice! 5 years too. Not sure if I'll firm it yet, still waiting for some responses from other schools.

What are your other schools, and when was the date of your interview?
Original post by Jamestoti
What are your other schools, and when was the date of your interview?

I'm an international applicant from Singapore, so I'm actually waiting to hear back from 2 of my local schools. Did my online interview on 7th March.
I'm an international applicant from Singapore, so I'm actually waiting to hear back from 2 of my local schools. Did my online interview on 7th March.

Did you get your offer on portal, or email?
Reply 46

Do tell me if you are firming it, we might become future classmates!:biggrin:
OFFER!!! (Conditional) 5 year programme. Did my interview on 5th of March.
Original post by Iwantfood
OFFER!!! (Conditional) 5 year programme. Did my interview on 5th of March.

When exactly did u get it? Btw is it on portal or email?
Original post by Jamestoti
When exactly did u get it? Btw is it on portal or email?

I got an email for it, but I think it's updated on the portal too.

I received the email at 1503!
Aww congrats to you guys I'm super nervous 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to you all!
I dont know where all of you applied from but I am applying from new zealand.
My application status says its under review process? Do they send rejection emails? or is there a chance for an interview in the subsequent interviews held?
Reply 52

hey! I am from singapore too, congrats on the offer :smile: I got mine recently too.
I still did not hear any reply from RCSI :frown: but i got email about my interview has been received and the Admissions Committee are currently reviewing all interviews before Easter holiday.
Do they send rejection email?
I got that same email ^
^SAME! I've been on 'Application Under Review' for almost 3 weeks now :/
So, I've heard that the minimum points to get in is 480 (from leaving certificate and HPAT score), however people have been getting in with 700??
Hi everybody! Just received an offer letter for the 5 year programme! So hang in there, they should be responding back soon! I had lost all hope in getting into RCSI since offer letters had been sent weeks before. So I just wanted to let everybody know that they're still sending out letters so don't be so dejected just yet! And there's options for everybody to do Medicine in this world! After many rejections and buckets of tears, I was losing hope until I saw there were other pathways to doing Medicine too! So don't lose faith! Just hang in there and things will work out for you. Good luck to everybody! :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Anon17081997
Hi everybody! Just received an offer letter for the 5 year programme! So hang in there, they should be responding back soon! I had lost all hope in getting into RCSI since offer letters had been sent weeks before. So I just wanted to let everybody know that they're still sending out letters so don't be so dejected just yet! And there's options for everybody to do Medicine in this world! After many rejections and buckets of tears, I was losing hope until I saw there were other pathways to doing Medicine too! So don't lose faith! Just hang in there and things will work out for you. Good luck to everybody! :smile:

hey i have not yet received any email yet. on the portal it says that my admission is under review. i have also applied for the 5 year programme. can u let me know from which country u have applied? and when did u take ur interview.
i did my interview on the 7th of march and still waiting :/
The email I received before told me that I would receive my decision within the end of this week so I think they're sending off letters in groups. You should hear back from them within this week. I have applied from Dubai and have completed my A-levels. I took a gap year this year. I took my interview at around the same time as you. Don't worry! You will hear back from them within this week. Don't lose hope! Good luck! Let us know when you hear back from them. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending