The Student Room Group

Royal College of Surgeons - Dublin, Medicine (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Thanks a lot. Fingers crossed. Let's see!
Let me know how it goes! :smile:
I got a conditional offer this morning!
Original post by solangel1989

Woohooooo! Congratulations!!!!! :smile:
Reply 64
Got my offer today! good luck to the rest of you.
Original post by select
Got my offer today! good luck to the rest of you.

Congratulations!!!!! 😀
Reply 66
Guys, was wondering upon completion of the five year programme, what constitutes an (Hons) in our final certificate? 1.1 and 2.1 only? Or 2.2 as well?
Hi, i don't know if there is anyone on this platform that applied from the UK please because I haven't heard anything back and I am quite nervous 😩. As it looks like my last hope.
Thanks
Original post by hesther04
Hi, i don't know if there is anyone on this platform that applied from the UK please because I haven't heard anything back and I am quite nervous 😩. As it looks like my last hope.
Thanks

i applied from UK but now on the waitlist :frown:
Original post by Mary_Chen
i applied from UK but now on the waitlist :frown:

Sorry when you say waitlist what do you mean, have they got back to you at all??? Sorry just quite nervous 😩 because I have only got emails telling me about the school and Did you sit the HPAT too.
Thanks
Original post by hesther04
Sorry when you say waitlist what do you mean, have they got back to you at all??? Sorry just quite nervous 😩 because I have only got emails telling me about the school and Did you sit the HPAT too.
Thanks

they send this kind of mail

'You have interviewed well and we consider you a strong candidate. Unfortunately, the demand for places exceeds the number of seats that are available and we are not in a position to offer you at place at this time.We have not rejected your application however and have added you to a waitlist. In the event of a vacancy arising we will contact you to offer you a position. The Waitlist is not ranked and you may submit further documentation (updated transcripts / examination results etc) which may be relevant to your application.We will write to you again towards the end of May with an update on the waitlist.'

I did not sit the HPAT. Applied with foundation result (Biomedical Science foundation)Still did not get any reply from them yet, planning to send email to them and ask for update.
Original post by Mary_Chen
they send this kind of mail

'You have interviewed well and we consider you a strong candidate. Unfortunately, the demand for places exceeds the number of seats that are available and we are not in a position to offer you at place at this time.We have not rejected your application however and have added you to a waitlist. In the event of a vacancy arising we will contact you to offer you a position. The Waitlist is not ranked and you may submit further documentation (updated transcripts / examination results etc) which may be relevant to your application.We will write to you again towards the end of May with an update on the waitlist.'

I did not sit the HPAT. Applied with foundation result (Biomedical Science foundation)Still did not get any reply from them yet, planning to send email to them and ask for update.

Hi dear,
Thanks for your reply. I didn't even get an interview😩😩 can I ask do you apply as an EU applicant or as an international student. I am very nervous right now. 😩😩😩 and since you didn't sit the HPAT, and still got an interview, i am worried a bit.
Reply 72
I got accepted to RCSI in April, however it is conditional. Does anyone know how strict they are with the conditions? I am from Canada so I am not sure if anyone has specific answers concerning Canada, but if anyone knows in general about their conditions that would be great!
Reply 73
Original post by solangel1989

Congrats! Do you know how strict they are with the condition they offered you??
They said you have to get A A B minimum in the subjects you do which would probably be Biology, Chemistry and the other one whether Physics or Math.
Hello guys
I have applied to rcsi and have received a 5 year conditional offer based on my APs. I am a sabis student. My offer was to achieve 3 fours. The thing is the APs were really tough and I don't think I will be able to achieve those grades. If I don't will I be considered for the 6 year program?? I'm so worried if anyone can please help me out
Original post by Nikhail
I got accepted to RCSI in April, however it is conditional. Does anyone know how strict they are with the conditions? I am from Canada so I am not sure if anyone has specific answers concerning Canada, but if anyone knows in general about their conditions that would be great!

I have just submitted my application on the 22nd of January, any idea when they will arrange an interview?
Original post by Gezza_O'Brien
Hey, I'm also a UK student. I went to sit my HPAT (the medicine admissions test in Ireland) in RSCI. It's a beautiful building, all old with portraits and things and looked all traditional, I personally loved it. Trinity is basically the Oxford of Ireland, so that's obviously the top uni, but I'd definitely say RSCI is close ranking second for med. This year in my A Levels I got AAB in Maths Psycho and Chem respectively and I had a B in AS bio, so I missed out on my UK med offer from SGUL :frown: I've had rejections for 2016 entry from Trinity and UCC because they require biology, but am hearing from RSCI, Galway and UCD 1st Sept. If I'm unsuccessful I will be reapplying again next year (2017 entry) too and hopefully get a better HPAT score since my first one was pretty shocking. Anyways if you have any questions about the admissions process or whatever give me a shout and I'm happy to help.
Gez x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I apply to RCSI with AAB in bio/chem and law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending