The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatgr
I want to go out and drink for freshers but don't know what to do about tickets and wristbands, my sister advised me not to buy any but everyone seems to be buying a ticket or wristband of some kind. Seems stupid to me because you don't know if your flat mates will be going yet, but I don't want to be left out

Hey, I'm a second year at UoB and I would recommend getting one of the official Guild tickets (whether you wanna get the expensive one or not that's your choice!). Nearly everyone gets this one if they enjoy going out, and you get a paper ticket pack so if you want to bail on an event then you can easily sell it to someone else. I wouldn't recommend getting any of the icebreaker/initiation/superfresh ones, no-one really goes to them even though they claim that they sell out. Good luck!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 21
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
Haven't really heard anything back from accommodations so not too sure yet, although I might move in on the 17th.
I'm doing Mechanical Engineering :smile:

Lol same engineers everwhere
Reply 22
advice on accommodation as Birmingham is my insurance choice.
Reply 23
advice on accommodation as Birmingham was insurance choice
Original post by meghan.ginger
Hey, I'm a second year at UoB and I would recommend getting one of the official Guild tickets (whether you wanna get the expensive one or not that's your choice!). Nearly everyone gets this one if they enjoy going out, and you get a paper ticket pack so if you want to bail on an event then you can easily sell it to someone else. I wouldn't recommend getting any of the icebreaker/initiation/superfresh ones, no-one really goes to them even though they claim that they sell out. Good luck!

Thanks, I bought the £55 wristband

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending