The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Just got an email from Oxford to say the open applicants have all been distributed. I've been put in St Hilda's!! Really excited now, because I really liked St Hilda's when I went to the open day.
Does anyone know when Oxford decides who gets interviews? I've got an admissions test next week so obviously it'll be a while after that, just wondering if there's a certain date?
Original post by Fadel
Why did you choose those unis considering your grades are pretty well. You're an EU student so you're paying the same fees as the Brits anyways. fyi, I'm in the same boat xD.

Because my fiancee lives in London, and I'd like to live with her. I'm sure I could have given Aberystwyth or Strathclyde or any of the others, if I'm going to be hours and hours away from her, I might as well just stay here in Norway where my university education is entirely free.
Original post by olegasr
gonna say something here just in case posting here really does lift the no offer curse. Still 0 offers :frown: Not even Warwick wants to take me :frown:

I hope it does for you! I'm laughing at how it lifted for me.
Original post by OPJD
Just got an email from Oxford to say the open applicants have all been distributed. I've been put in St Hilda's!! Really excited now, because I really liked St Hilda's when I went to the open day.
Does anyone know when Oxford decides who gets interviews? I've got an admissions test next week so obviously it'll be a while after that, just wondering if there's a certain date?

I got an email from my college yesterday and it says that candidates must be given at least 7 days' notice before the interview dates for your subject, so you'll know whether you've been invited to interview or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lemonandlime1
wow that's cool!
Southampton, uel, Liverpool and Portsmouth
have conditional offers from Liverpool and Portsmouth :smile:
Are you applying to any others in the uk?

Oh well done on your offers!
Yeah I applied to Cambridge, Ucl, Exeter and then Bristol and Birmingham :smile:
Would like to hear back soon from Exeter and Bristol cause I no there's no hope for Cambridge and UCL yet haha
Finally received an acknowledgment from stirling saying they'll try to get back to me in 5 working days!
Oh ffs Nottingham hurry up and give me a replyy
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

The feeling when you get an email from ucas and it's something along the lines of "What's happening next? You have sent your application see what you can do now".. Thanks a lot for the heads up, didn't know I had sent my application (like 3 weeks ago) :biggrin:
I really thought it was a track update but nah :frown:
I have an offer from York to do Psychology but still waiting on Exeter and Bath (and Oxford but I need to do the admissions test first) - has anyone heard from either of these??
Original post by IcedArizona
The feeling when you get an email from ucas and it's something along the lines of "What's happening next? You have sent your application see what you can do now".. Thanks a lot for the heads up, didn't know I had sent my application (like 3 weeks ago) :biggrin:

This literally just happened to me :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update (All received within the last hour, applied on the 22, international, mature student, however without completed grades so!)

Greenwich: Conditional offer, Vitnemal 4 (ABB/BBB), 4 in English
Surrey: Conditional offer, Vitnemal 4.5 (AAA/AAB), 4 in English, pass in maths
Westminster: Conditional offer, Vitnemal 4 (ABB/BBB), IELTS 6.0

:colondollar:
Reply 2991

I literally just got that email, so annoying 😅😅 really thought it might fiiiinaaally be an offer, but nope
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Crossing my fingers for you!
Guys has anyone had an offer from Durham uni?? & how long did it take pls
Hi has anyone has an offer from Durham uni yet? and how long did it take pls
Original post by OPJD
I literally just got that email, so annoying 😅😅 really thought it might fiiiinaaally be an offer, but nope

Original post by Obiejess
This literally just happened to me :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and now the working day is almost over so ugh :frown: From what unis are you guys expecting offers from?
lul no offers for me yet either, really loving life right now
Yeah and now the working day is almost over so ugh :frown: From what unis are you guys expecting offers from?

Got an Interview at York, Cambridge and Durham obviously won't be getting back to me yet. So Warwick and Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2998

Oxford, Lancaster, Queen's University Belfast and Cardiff.
Applied on the 14th and I still haven't heard from any of them, its driving me crazy 😅😅 and I'm waiting to hear what offers I get back before making my 5th choice, so I really want to hear back asap 😅😅
Original post by Obiejess
Got an Interview at York, Cambridge and Durham obviously won't be getting back to me yet. So Warwick and Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool when's your interview for York? You're applying for law right?

Original post by OPJD
Oxford, Lancaster, Queen's University Belfast and Cardiff.
Applied on the 14th and I still haven't heard from any of them, its driving me crazy 😅😅 and I'm waiting to hear what offers I get back before making my 5th choice, so I really want to hear back asap 😅😅

Also an oxbrdge applicant! What are you applying for?

Latest

Trending

Trending