The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skaiyote
:rofl3: As if my pic was up on the BBC.

Im only messing with 2Shallow :mmm:

Ouch, looks like then I fell victim of a mind game between you and In2deep! :awesome:
Original post by In2deep
OLD :tongue:

Plus, don't make me hold your pic as ransom in this convo :colone:

(good night)

Still applies :tongue:

Caadi iska dhig m8...

:puppyeyes: How much?
Original post by Piecewise
Ouch, looks like then I fell victim of a mind game between you and In2deep! :awesome:

In2Deep can't do mind games :no:
In2Deep can't do mind games :no:
His avatar is just bluffing then, eh? :tongue:
Hey my fellow Somalis!
Still applies :tongue:

Caadi iska dhig m8...

:puppyeyes: How much?

Half a shillin, I need to hustle hard to get that as well :smug:

Original post by Piecewise
His avatar is just bluffing then, eh? :tongue:

Nope, I'm baaaare intelligent lyk....:proud:
Original post by Nadal1991
Hey my fellow Somalis!

Hello
Original post by Nadal1991
Hey my fellow Somalis!

Welcome :h:
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Yup and he was also a lot more independent (although he did have a lot of help from soviet union). Although he was one unethical bastard and his economic polices I don't agree with, I can't help but think he would've done a better job than TFG at sorting out the mess out. The TFG control over half of the capital which is pretty disgusting considering they're supposed to be leaders, I'd at least expect them to be able to control the capital. And I doubt Al-shabab will be leaving anytime soon. They're strengthening in numbers and the only real threat seems to be coming from Kenya. They've opened up training camps for the elderly and forced parents to allow children to be trained. As Hitler once said: he alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.

Training camps?! Who actually likes Al-shabaab, the general public are all against those idiots :angry:

I agree you :yep: Somalia in many ways was a lot better under Barre. But aren't the TFG gaining ground as we speak?

Oh and sorry for the late reply. I haven't had the time to come on here lately.
Original post by In2deep
Half a shillin, I need to hustle hard to get that as well :smug:

:dry: How about some coal?

Original post by In2deep
Nope, I'm baaaare intelligent lyk....:proud:

:lies:
Hello guys.
Where have the Somalis gone? :rolleyes: To the market to buy some hilib? :tongue:

For the first link, I doubt moving UN offices will change anything.

For the second link I'm glad this scum is getting prosecuted
Original post by The Cornerstone
For the first link, I doubt moving UN offices will change anything.

For the second link I'm glad this scum is getting prosecuted

For the second link: what good would that bring? I mean it isn't as if you can bring the dead back? It was a bit of time ago, and well isn't it better to forgive but not forget?
Original post by ProfessorS
For the second link: what good would that bring? I mean it isn't as if you can bring the dead back? It was a bit of time ago, and well isn't it better to forgive but not forget?

In one word; justice.
Original post by ProfessorS

Justice? I don't see why we should let a murderer roam free, no matter how long ago his crimes were.
Original post by In2deep
In one word; justice.

lol beat me to it :tongue:
I was bored so I went and did some researching(google) and apparently we somalis are decendants of the Shemsu Hor(primordial egyptians from the mystical land of punt=current somalia).

So we aren't actually a mix of arab and african or any other strange myths we're actually ancient Egyptians!(not that it changes much)

Anyway what kind of government do you think somalia should form, communism/democracy?, republican/monarchy?.

personally what I think we could do is to abolish any form of national recognition towards different clans they just cause unnecessary segregation, use modern agricultural techniques, proper artificial fertilization and form partnerships with china, Russia to build nuclear reactors in exchange for cheaper mining(taxed).

Of course it's incomplete and idealistic but I do believe we could form such a government as long as we can unite all the clans.(barbaric opposition will need to be dealt with firmly e.g. extremist groups can be handled by military action.

But the 1st step would be to form a legitimate government, and a judicial system to prevent international waste in our seas and prevent fishing which causes us to lose 300m a year in fish.(So in that case pirates have actually helped somalia by deterring theft of fish and nuclear waste)
I agree with you on the pirate front. Tbh, I couldn't care less if the greedy multinational shipping companies lose some profit, as long as it prevents the coast of Somalia from being taken advantage off. With regards to the kind of government, I think a federal system would be essential; in order to give regions like Somaliland/Puntland autonomy, without them getting independence. A democracy is a given, communism existed under Barre - but in the end, with communism, it will somehow turn into a dictatorship and things will go from bad to worse.

I don't think nuclear reactors will benefit Somalia. If something goes wrong (and after all it is Somalia) then it may well be it for the Somali race. Lol. Anyhow, doesn't Somalia have a lot of petroleum, natural gas etc.

I think if this Al Shabab menace ceases to exist in Somalia, then the country can do very well economically..their is a very large diaspora willing to invest in Somalia, if security permits it.

Latest