The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Thank you lovely!! I hope you get all of your offers too when you (eventually!) send yours off insha'Allah :smile: oh and good luck with the reference thing, sounds like hell haha I had to wait ages for mine and I'm still at college! I might take a gap year though so I may go through the same thing -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you want to take a gap year?
Thank you lovely!! I hope you get all of your offers too when you (eventually!) send yours off insha'Allah :smile: oh and good luck with the reference thing, sounds like hell haha I had to wait ages for mine and I'm still at college! I might take a gap year though so I may go through the same thing -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Np and thanksss

Why don't you defer your entry if you want to take a gap year sis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abdul-Karim

You make it sound like taking a gap year is a bad thing :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
You make it sound like taking a gap year is a bad thing :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I'm curious as to know why someone would purposely take a gap year. There's very little point as you're essentially wasting time. If you flopped your exams then it's understandable you'd want to take an un-planned gap year but otherwise :hmmmm2:. Each to their own.
Does this make any sense.. so I came up with a theory that a monopolistic firm which posses price leadership traits can produce output where MC=MR and are able to be statically efficient (both productively & allovatively) with pure First degree price discrimination. Although at the cost of eradicating consumer surplus.

If I'm mistaken could you please explain why.

P=MC & AC=MC=P.. It makes perfect mathematic sense but I feel it's difficult to comprehend. AR=MR must equate to Y=-MX+C because Marginal revenue becomes the AR curve if each consumer is getting charged full price. Critique away.

I want someone to look at this and tell me what they think!

Because I may want to reapply to different universities. Or maybe just for a break from studying. Why does it matter anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does this make any sense.. so I came up with a theory that a monopolistic firm which posses price leadership traits can produce output where MC=MR and are able to be statically efficient (both productively & allovatively) with pure First degree price discrimination. Although at the cost of eradicating consumer surplus.

If I'm mistaken could you please explain why.

P=MC & AC=MC=P.. It makes perfect mathematic sense but I feel it's difficult to comprehend. AR=MR must equate to Y=-MX+C because Marginal revenue becomes the AR curve if each consumer is getting charged full price. Critique away.

I don't understand a word of that post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Np and thanksss

Why don't you defer your entry if you want to take a gap year sis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might do. Depends on what grades I get, if I get AAA+ then I will reapply to different universities. I'm not sure if I want to go to King's anymore because I've heard lots of stuff about the quality of the English course there and there are far better unis that ask for AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9988
I recently came across this article while looking for some information on a certain event in somalia.

A maternity hospital in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, has been forced to close after a doctor who removed a woman's womb in a life-saving operation received death threats from her family.
The doctor insists the surgery was essential but her family says she is "as good as dead" because she can no longer bear children.
The family, who are reportedly claiming compensation of 50 camels, hired gunmen to threaten staff at the city's SOS hospital.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/may/18/jeevanvasagar

Quite shocking, even if the article is old.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Because I may want to reapply to different universities. Or maybe just for a break from studying. Why does it matter anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm curious when it comes to things where I have a difference of opinion with someone.

I don't understand a word of that post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm.. difficult to explain.. I drew a fairly simplistic diagram to illustrate my point. The EU competition act encourages competition as the Law of perfect competition is that Firms in the Long-run would be statically efficient whilst breaking even. I'm suggesting that Pure monopolistic firms don't need their markets to be contestable to offer the same level of efficiency whilst making abnormal profits in the short-term and with incentives to also be dynamically efficient. This could help UK export markets as R&D process innovation can drive down Average costs. By implementing 1st Degree Price discrimination these firms charge exactly what consumers are willing to pay.. This level of efficiency is technically acting in the public interest whilst allowing firms to maximise profits and provides an incentive for firms to be both productively efficient and x-efficient by producing where MC=MR and the lowest point of their Average cost curve.
I might do. Depends on what grades I get, if I get AAA+ then I will reapply to different universities. I'm not sure if I want to go to King's anymore because I've heard lots of stuff about the quality of the English course there and there are far better unis that ask for AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

AS grades? I'll calculate the statistical likelihood of you achieving A grades. Doesn't include AS retakes. :rolleyes:
thank you lovely!! it was from Queen Mary :smile: And I applied for English for English at UCL, King's, Queen Mary and Royal Holloway - only waiting on King's now! And yep, doing A2 English, History and Maths wbu? :biggrin:

Btw I did chemistry AS and it was like hell on earth for me oh my god

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats woman 🎉🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm.. difficult to explain.. I drew a fairly simplistic diagram to illustrate my point. The EU competition act encourages competition as the Law of perfect competition is that Firms in the Long-run would be statically efficient whilst breaking even. I'm suggesting that Pure monopolistic firms don't need their markets to be contestable to offer the same level of efficiency whilst making abnormal profits in the short-term and with incentives to also be dynamically efficient. This could help UK export markets as R&D process innovation can drive down Average costs. By implementing 1st Degree Price discrimination these firms charge exactly what consumers are willing to pay.. This level of efficiency is technically acting in the public interest whilst allowing firms to maximise profits and provides an incentive for firms to be both productively efficient and x-efficient by producing where MC=MR and the lowest point of their Average cost curve.

You've clearly got alot of time on your hands bro lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've clearly got alot of time on your hands bro lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it make sense? I'm going to start a debate of it with my classmates but I want to assure that I've expressed it well enough. I really don't think privatisation is the solution to anything. Milton Friedman argued that Nationalisation and Privatisation is comparing one inefficiency against another. I think he failed to realise the hypocracy in his arguments and the UK government being retarded decided to listen. :sad: Look to where that's got us. The banks for instance.. regulatory capture as a result of de-regulation. Financial collapse > Double dip recession.
I've tried the cadbury fruit and nut mix and didn't like it but still ate it as i was having a sweet craving that day :tongue:

It didn't appeal very much to my taste buds though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well at least you tried, beats nothing right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on Queen Mary xD Are you going to go visit Royal for applicant day? I too got an offer for Royal and today got Herfordshire :P Royal for English and the other one with creative writing.
Original post by Al-farhan
Well at least you tried, beats nothing right?

Hm yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking at the rate we are going this thread will be full by the end of the week
Original post by Al-farhan
Looking at the rate we are going this thread will be full by the end of the week

maxaa kawadaa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

After like 10000 posts the thread will be closed and a new one needs to start.

Latest