The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mombasa Raha
I had planned jaw surgery at the end of september :redface: this took a while to recover from, so I figured it was best.

I might do some volunteering after my census job finishes.

Are you in year 12?

:yep: I'm in year 12. But unlike everyone else I know, I don't know what I should study at university.

Jaw surgery? What happened to you?

Btw I thought there was a Somali Society already?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by In2deep
:rofl2:

You already know :ahee:

I also specifically told the mods to make it the Somali Soc and not the other way :tongue:

For about 5 mins or so I was ranked in the top 500 in Headquarters. :biggrin:

:getmecoat:
Original post by ProfessorS
:yep: I'm in year 12, But unlike everyone else I know, I don't know what I should study at university.

Jaw surgery? What happened to you?

Nothing happened to me. Lol. I'd been wearing braces for around 2 years before it became eminent that I'd need surgery to fix my misaligned jaws. I've had braces for nearly 4 years now! :eek: though they'll be off before october!

Edit: Oh and you've got plenty of time to decide!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1943
Original post by In2deep
I shall try my best to control myself from now on :colondollar:

Yes you should! :biggrin:

Resist the Somanglish urge! It makes me very very sad :cry:
Original post by c0nfus3d
Yes you should! :biggrin:

Resist the Somanglish urge! It makes me very very sad :cry:

Gotta say I'm guilty of this, worse thing is that I even add french into it:colondollar:
Reply 1945
Original post by The Cornerstone
Gotta say I'm guilty of this, worse thing is that I even add french into it:colondollar:

Somalench?? :lolwut:
FRENCH??

I am dictating your life from now on and I decide you stick to English :tongue:
Original post by c0nfus3d
Somalench?? :lolwut:
FRENCH??

I am dictating your life from now on and I decide you stick to English :tongue:

More like Francosomanglish, but I do it because I'm not properly fluent in somali and replace it with other words :tongue:
Reply 1947
More like Francosomanglish, but I do it because I'm not properly fluent in somali and replace it with other words :tongue:

stick to english :colone:

You can't fluently speak Somali, what are you, fish and chibis? :tongue:

Same.

When distant relatives come over and speak Somali with me....**** gets tough. :frown:
Original post by Don'tNod
You can't fluently speak Somali, what are you, fish and chibis? :tongue:

lol you say that, but it's not as worse as pronouncing 'p' as 'b' and get called a freshie. Freshies make me laugh though :rofl:

Original post by FinalFlash
Same.

When distant relatives come over and speak Somali with me....**** gets tough. :frown:

It's one of the reasons I avoid family reunions :tongue:
Original post by Mombasa Raha
Nothing happened to me. Lol. I'd been wearing braces for around 2 years before it became eminent that I'd need surgery to fix my misaligned jaws. I've had braces for nearly 4 years now! :eek: though they'll be off before october!

Edit: Oh and you've got plenty of time to decide!

Oh that's seems fine then, I thought it was something really bad :h:. Atleast it means that you have great teeth I guess :biggrin:

I have friends who seem so sure of themselves and what they want to do in life :rolleyes: I just take everyday as it comes really and avoid making the big decisions!

________

I speak a mix of Somali, English and Danish :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
:yep: I'm in year 12. But unlike everyone else I know, I don't know what I should study at university.
What are some of the options you're thinking of, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 1953
Make that a pescatarian! But yes, I lasted a month without meat.

Nah I didn't eat corn meat, quorn or tofu. Do you want to give up meat altogether?

It was easier than I though tbh.

Not at all, In my house not a day goes by without meat, just wondering
how one could cope being in a somali family and being vegetarian :tongue:
It's one of the reasons I avoid family reunions :tongue:

Same.

-

How did you last a month without meat? I barely last a day. :colondollar:
Original post by Piecewise
What are some of the options you're thinking of, if you don't mind me asking?

Ask anything, I don't mind :h:

Currently my AS subjects are: Chemistry, Biology, History and English Literature. I was thinking of doing Law (I enjoy History and English more than the others), but my mum isn't keen on it and wants me to do pharmacy or something science related.

Original post by cashy
Not at all, In my house not a day goes by without meat, just wondering
how one could cope being in a somali family and being vegetarian :tongue:

Oh okay, my house is the same really. You should try it sometime, even if it's just a day :smile:
Original post by FinalFlash
Same.

Spoiler

Currently my AS subjects are: Chemistry, Biology, History and English Literature. I was thinking of doing Law (I enjoy History and English more than the others), but my mum isn't keen on it and wants me to do pharmacy or something science related.

I was the same, I went from medicine to radiography to french to psychology. And yet I was still looking at other courses to make sure I done the right choice and I have two different courses as firm and insurance.

As you can see I'm not really decisive when it comes to my education :tongue:
Ask anything, I don't mind :h:
Be careful of what you wish for! :tongue:
I think doing anyone of your subjects on its own as a degree would be good! Why not do History or English? Law is good too. But don't do pharmacy, please.
Oh that's seems fine then, I thought it was something really bad :h:. Atleast it means that you have great teeth I guess :biggrin:

I have friends who seem so sure of themselves and what they want to do in life :rolleyes: I just take everyday as it comes really and avoid making the big decisions!

________

I speak a mix of Somali, English and Danish :biggrin:

Spoiler

Lol. I have no idea what I want to do with my life either (career wise)...I hope I don't end up owning an internet cafe :tongue:

I speak Somali and English. Yeah, I'm boring, I know. Although, my Somali is of the Benadir (Reer Xamar) persuasion. :colondollar: I don't think their is much difference though. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest