The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Glasgow Caledonian University Applicants 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurend95
Name: Lauren
Course: Child Nursing
Grades : 2:1 honours degree
also applying to : UWS, Dundee and UofG

Was just wondering if anyone applying for the same course or any of the other nursing courses has heard anything about an applicants day at all?

Hi

I know learning disabilities received their invites on Thursday. As far as I know none for adult or child yet. I am a SWAP student
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 61
Got a conditional for orthoptics and optometry today😄
Original post by laurend95
Hi , I’ve applied for child nursing at GCU and heard nothing as well! Getting so frustrated... submitted my application in October ! hopefully we hear soon as the applicants day is the 17th March!

Yeah I sent mine off in November and haven’t heard anything. I really want to find out soon so I can confirm my choices as soon as possible
Original post by dion_zx

Congrats!
Congrats on your offers!!, how long after your applicant event did you hear back from orthoptics and optometry??
Original post by dion_zx

Well done!! How long after your applicant event did you hear back from optometry and orthoptics??
Reply 66
Original post by Lucaspucas12345
Well done!! How long after your applicant event did you hear back from optometry and orthoptics??

Went to the applicant day yesterday for orthoptics and got an offer for orthoptics and optometry today☺️
Reply 67
And thank you!😄
Reply 68
Original post by elrond
What have you applied for?

Contacted GCU today asking about applicant day events. They emailed me back to say you only receive an invitation for applicants days at GCU if you're getting an offer.
Reply 69
Applied for Children nursing and still haven't heard anything!
Reply 70
Honestly the wait is unreal. Caley must be about the last uni to make their offers. So stressful for us all.
Original post by elrond
Honestly the wait is unreal. Caley must be about the last uni to make their offers. So stressful for us all.

I know right , it is terrible! Ive had all of my other offers but gcu is my first choice so I am pretty nervous :frown: We should hear back by the end of march so I guess we have 1 month left to wait...
Reply 72
Original post by stanislava21
I know right , it is terrible! Ive had all of my other offers but gcu is my first choice so I am pretty nervous :frown: We should hear back by the end of march so I guess we have 1 month left to wait...

Surely they won’t any longer than the first week in March, what have you applied for?☺️
Original post by dion_zx
Surely they won’t any longer than the first week in March, what have you applied for?☺️

You mean they will reply in the first week of march? I applied for Nutrition and Dietetics :smile: Its a competitive course so I am anxious :biggrin:
Reply 74
You mean they will reply in the first week of march? I applied for Nutrition and Dietetics :smile: Its a competitive course so I am anxious :biggrin:

Yea hopefully cause it’s dragging on for everyone😕 oh nice! Good luck😄
Original post by dion_zx
Yea hopefully cause it’s dragging on for everyone😕 oh nice! Good luck😄

True haha. Thank you! Do you know if there is a specific applicant day for every course? I wonder if there is one for the course I applied to.
Reply 76
True haha. Thank you! Do you know if there is a specific applicant day for every course? I wonder if there is one for the course I applied to.

I think it just depends on the course, some might and some might just give you a straight offer or whatever. When I was at the orthoptics applicant day I asked if there would be an applicant day for optom and she said they don’t have them for optom just orthoptics☺️
Original post by dion_zx
I think it just depends on the course, some might and some might just give you a straight offer or whatever. When I was at the orthoptics applicant day I asked if there would be an applicant day for optom and she said they don’t have them for optom just orthoptics☺️

Oh right I see! Thank you for the info :smile:
Reply 78
Oh right I see! Thank you for the info :smile:

No probs!
Reply 79
I emailed them yesterday about applicant day events and they got back to me saying that you only receive an invitation for an applicants day if they're making you an offer. Im waiting on an offer for social work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending