The Student Room Group

Nursing entry requirements in Glasgow

No longer needed, added too much info
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by eggfriedricelove
Hi all,
I'm currently studying a HE Access to Nursing and Midwifery course in Wales. This will give me the equivalent of 4 A levels in Physchology, Sociology, Healthcare and Biology, as well as a Mathematics module to bump my GCSE maths grade to a B (if not A). I also have 8 years of NHS experience as a band 3 HCSW and have worked all different hospital areas. This course is specifically designed for Welsh students and meets the entry requirements for Welsh unis, however, I want to go to Glasgow as my partner studied here and I fell in love with the city, the plan is to move for uni and stay permanently.

I've noticed on the GCU website that they have a relevant experience policy and I'm assuming will accept a HE course with experience. On the University of Glasgow website it appears a lot stricter, and they require both Chemistry and Biology as a I may have to do summer school for the Chem. Does anyone know if they accept anything like HE courses and / with relevant experience? I'll have 10 years of NHS service under my belt when I finish my HE course.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Email Glasgow's admissions department and ask if they will accept your qualifications for the course.
Original post by eggfriedricelove
No longer needed, added too much info

I would look at the necessary entry requirements for Glasgow Caledonian university and if you are meeting the requirements for the nursing course there then why not apply for it and see if you are successful for a entry place next September.

I never done my nursing degree in Glasgow but each university has there own minimum requirements for the nursing course. Some universities will ask for either chemistry or biology for nursing where you'll get others asking just for a scientific subject.

NHS Scotland recently newly qualified adult nurse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending