The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Biology!*Official Thread*(aka as SNAB/Pearson)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cmonb123
I mean it was better than paper 2 but still some questions were difficult wbu.

I thought Question 7 had a mixture of hard and easy questions. Overall though, I must say I agree with paper 2 being harder :smile:
Hello fellow A-level biologist!

Results day is tomorrow! :biggrin: or :frown: depending on how you think it went! Just remember, whatever happens tomorrow, you’ve done your best and it’s whatever you do next that is important! Good luck! :h:
Original post by dreamerz11
Hello fellow A-level biologist!

Results day is tomorrow! :biggrin: or :frown: depending on how you think it went! Just remember, whatever happens tomorrow, you’ve done your best and it’s whatever you do next that is important! Good luck! :h:

grade boundaries have gone down 2% from last year :smile: probably because paper 2 was horrible.
Original post by iluvkiki213
grade boundaries have gone down 2% from last year :smile: probably because paper 2 was horrible.

Nice! Have they been released or something?
Original post by cookienut
Wow. Thank you.

what do you think about them? I was very suprised to see they have been lowered as last year was first time sitting the new spec.

My edexcel chem has gone UP though 2% which is badd for me because I think I have got a C..
Are the three papers for the SNAB course under “International A2 unit grade boundaries”? (AKA the ones we sat in June) if so, they are being quite generous with 56/90 for an A* for Paper 1! Not happy with Paper 3 though with 44/50 for an A*.
Original post by cookienut
Are the three papers for the SNAB course under “International A2 unit grade boundaries”? (AKA the ones we sat in June) if so, they are being quite generous with 56/90 for an A* for Paper 1! Not happy with Paper 3 though with 44/50 for an A*.

No. not international..
Which ones are they?
In the Edexcel IAL Biology exams, if you are given a question that has an answer in the mark scheme like those seen below, does this require you to include every single point mentioned in the mark scheme? Or do you only need to mention 1 out of 9 points (Q4b), or 1 out of 3 points (Q3c)?
Original post by Erin0404
In the Edexcel IAL Biology exams, if you are given a question that has an answer in the mark scheme like those seen below, does this require you to include every single point mentioned in the mark scheme? Or do you only need to mention 1 out of 9 points (Q4b), or 1 out of 3 points (Q3c)?

The number of points correspond to the marks the question asks for. Therefore, mention 5 points for 5 marks. However, you can explain some in greater detail with greater coherency and achieve full marks.
Original post by iluvkiki213
The number of points correspond to the marks the question asks for. Therefore, mention 5 points for 5 marks. However, you can explain some in greater detail with greater coherency and achieve full marks.

So basically one mark per point mentioned?
Original post by Erin0404
So basically one mark per point mentioned?

Yeah that's correct. One mark - One point.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could split up each topic into subtopics? :smile:
Reply 34
I've been looking for topic questions and I can't find any 😭 I've just been using the as past papers and Idk what else to use. Any suggestions?
Original post by am.
I've been looking for topic questions and I can't find any 😭 I've just been using the as past papers and Idk what else to use. Any suggestions?

there is the edexcel B questions on physicsandmathstutor that are split by topic !!
Reply 36
Original post by pipthesqueak
there is the edexcel B questions on physicsandmathstutor that are split by topic !!

I'll use them anyway but do you think they'd be the same bc the mark schemes for snab are specifc
Original post by am.
I'll use them anyway but do you think they'd be the same bc the mark schemes for snab are specifc

tbh ive seen these questions appear in the intl past papers and the snab papers, so theyre sort of specific to the whole of edexcel not just snab ) :
(thats what i think)
Reply 38
tbh ive seen these questions appear in the intl past papers and the snab papers, so theyre sort of specific to the whole of edexcel not just snab ) :
(thats what i think)

OK thanks :smile:
Hi all,
Am carrying out the practical "Investigating how tensile strength of plant fibres changes with the length of the fibre used" but my results don't show any trend. Any clue what the trend or graph is supposed to look like? or any resources that might help explain it?
Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending