The Student Room Group

IGCSE revision guides?

hi guys im doing IGCSE and i wanted to ask if anyone can suggest what they feel is the best revision guides for...
Biology
physics and
chemistry
:confused:
Can i just use GCSE revision guides?if so which are the best?
thanks.
Reply 1
hey, i used a gcse book for my igcse sciences. it wasn't bad at all, although there were a couple of topics in the igcse syllabus that was not in gcses, but surely your teacher must have provided you with notes on this. i'm sorry i cant remember what the book was called :frown:
however, my science teacher back then did say that the gcse book covers about 95% of the igcse material. and...well, 95% is more than enough for an A* :tongue: unless you absolutely want 100%, then i guess working off the syllabus and researching the extra material is sufficient.
Reply 2
Which exam board are you taking?
If you do Edexcel get on getrevising.co.uk, and search CGPwned, it has word doc revision guides for all 3 sciences :smile:
Good Luck x
Original post by -Aimee-
hey, i used a gcse book for my igcse sciences. it wasn't bad at all, although there were a couple of topics in the igcse syllabus that was not in gcses, but surely your teacher must have provided you with notes on this. i'm sorry i cant remember what the book was called :frown:
however, my science teacher back then did say that the gcse book covers about 95% of the igcse material. and...well, 95% is more than enough for an A* :tongue: unless you absolutely want 100%, then i guess working off the syllabus and researching the extra material is sufficient.

okay o drink milk with juice, and make igcse biology paper black and white with pen ink
I like the CGP books - they're very user friendly.
Do be aware though that they don't cover absolutely 100% of everything.

The official Pearson books do cover everything but they're absolutely horrible - so dry. I'd rather watch paint dry than read them.

We use a combination of both. We find the topic in the Pearson book, and then refer to the CGP mostly, but pop back to the Pearson one if there's a specific aspect that isn't covered by CGP. Bit faffy I know but I couldn't bear only using Pearson.
CGP textbooks
and if regardless of the board you are doing, look for textbooks that cater to that board and are recent enough should do the trick

Alongside my CGP textbooks I used these Letts ones
Here is an example:
https://www.amazon.com/Letts-Cambridge-IGCSE%C2%AE-Chemistry-Revision/dp/0008210322

I hope that helps:smile:
Reply 6
I find the CGP books to be quite user-friendly, although it's important to note that they may not cover every single topic comprehensively.

On the other hand, the official Pearson books do cover everything, but they can be incredibly dry and less engaging to read. Personally, I'd prefer watching paint dry over reading them.

In our approach, we blend both resources. We first locate the topic in the Pearson book and then primarily use the CGP material. However, if there's a specific aspect that CGP doesn't cover, we refer back to the Pearson book. It might seem a bit cumbersome, but I simply can't rely solely on Pearson.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending