The Student Room Group

A-Level Biology, edexcel a or b

Which A-Level Biology should I do? I have the choice between the Edexcel Biology A (SNAB), and Biology B, and intrested in pursuing a career in medicine, such as peadreactrics or oncology ect. I much prefer human biology over plants, so which spec would be better for me, and which does uni's prefer?
The Edexcel Biology A (SNAB) course focuses heavily on human biology, so it might be the best option for you if you’re interested in pursuing a career in medicine. It’s also important to ask your university what qualifications they prefer; as some universities prefer one specification over another. Ultimately, it will depend on the knowledge and skills you require in order to successfully compete your course.
Original post by cvcvcvcdxs
Which A-Level Biology should I do? I have the choice between the Edexcel Biology A (SNAB), and Biology B, and intrested in pursuing a career in medicine, such as peadreactrics or oncology ect. I much prefer human biology over plants, so which spec would be better for me, and which does uni's prefer?
Reply 2
Original post by Dilligent Paper
The Edexcel Biology A (SNAB) course focuses heavily on human biology, so it might be the best option for you if you’re interested in pursuing a career in medicine. It’s also important to ask your university what qualifications they prefer; as some universities prefer one specification over another. Ultimately, it will depend on the knowledge and skills you require in order to successfully compete your course.

Have you completed the course or in the course, as i think the spec is quite hard to understand as i cannot see many differences between the two different specs, so why would they make two? also, which one is more popular?
Reply 3

Heya!
I would recommend checking out content for both and pick the one that appeals to you more :h: Both cover same key biology topics but just different additional emphases, if you want to do medicine, perhaps pick the one that covers more human biology which I believe is A but make sure to double check! If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
I do Edexcel A and everyone in my class hates how much plant there is. I just sat my a level and it was 70% plants. only like half the chapters relate to plants but somehow they just come up everywhere, however there's still a fair share of human biology, so I don't think it would matter too much when you end up studying medicine

I did Edexcel A (SNAB)! personally I did quite like the spec and the content! I have no experience with any other spec though

Quick Reply

Latest