The Student Room Group
Grrr... really need some help!!!

Please send any notes to Dont post your email address ask them to PM you Edited by Moderator
Do lots of past questions, keep up to date with current examples.
Reply 3
Do lots of past paper questions, it's the best way to revise politics. Also check out the wiki section for some fantastic notes on all 3 units. Oh by the way, it's around 58% for an A, the grade boundaries are not too high, don't put yourself down :smile:.
Reply 4
search on Amazon for the book "success in AS politics for edexcel"
its written by the chief politics examiner and contains loads of detailed information yet gives clear concise bullet points for each section at the end. i think it might not still be in print, but have a look, i've found it really useful
Hey guys thanks so much! The book you suggested Moleymoo, I've realised that I have it lol... So thanks, it is really helpful!
Reply 7
hi ive got the edexcel small revison guides in the green
(from amazon)

there excellent

good luck
if you're interested ill find you thing link!
Reply 8
hi does anyone know the answer to this question caus cant find it in mi textbook Outline 2 functions of judges? help would be greatful
Will anyone add me on msn to discuss Unit 2, I find its a reallyu good way of revision, Two functions of a judge?

- 2 functions of a judge include;
-Ensure fairness in court procedure by making sure everyone follows the rules.
-Make law. Judges essentially make common law as it is based on tradition and judicial preceedent.
-decide criminal sentances
-Provide as a source of knowledge
- Apply the rule of law...
Thats about all i can remember :s
Reply 10
I too, need tons of help for this. I'm not quite sure as to what I'm supposed to be learning! For example, there's a section on the cabinet, that comprises soo much random terminology. Are some bits more important than others? Are there any parts that aren't all that relevant?
Reply 11
whyyy arent more people posting on this thread lol, im failing miserably with revision cus i feel like im drowning in info :/
The exam is on the 3rd i woulda thought this would be swamped with posts like unit 1 was?
This is an old thread. I made this last year... I can't believe people are still using it... Make another one if you want more people to post. :biggrin:
The new AS in G+P is ridiculous, the time allowed is just not sufficient! I'm kinda confused about marking though... Do you need 80% of the marks to get an A in all subjects?
Reply 14
ok so im having to retake gov and pol unit 2 :'( because i failed epicly. someone please please please help me. i try and learn this stuff but NOTHING sticks in my head :frown: argh!!! help!
Reply 15
thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Revision:colone:dexcel_AS_Level_Politics_Unit_2 (pasting the url made the link go wierd, so just copy and paste it) is the best i've found so far...
I'm retaking unit 2 on the 13th of Jan, and Philosophy on the 19th.
My motivation skills are bad enough without struggling to find relevant past paper questions :'(
Reply 16
Kingaling
thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Revision:colone:dexcel_AS_Level_Politics_Unit_2 (pasting the url made the link go wierd, so just copy and paste it) is the best i've found so far...
I'm retaking unit 2 on the 13th of Jan, and Philosophy on the 19th.
My motivation skills are bad enough without struggling to find relevant past paper questions :'(

thankyou :smile:
Reply 17
How did everyone's exam go???

Latest

Trending

Trending