Original post by Quantum Horizon
Which year?

Year nine
Original post by BTSLOVER123
Help please !!

Just ask your teacher or head of subject
Original post by BTSLOVER123
Year nine

I am assuming you will be moved to a higher set if you perform better than your classmates in next 2 or 3 AM tests. I suggest looking at https://www.examsolutions.net/gcse-maths/ videos on the topics you need in year 9. Good Luck! :smile:
What set are you in now? Why do you want to move up?

It isn't always better to be in the better set. Teachers generally are better at knowing which set you should be in. I got moved from set 1 to 2. At first, I hated that decision, but throughout the year, I started to realise it was the best decision they could have made. I was moved down due to confidence and I have to say it was a lot better to be best in the class than middle to bottom of a class. Ended up with a 9 in GCSE Maths, top of the class and better than most of set 1!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Why specifically do you want to move up a set?
If it's just because you want to be able to say that you're in a top set, forget it.
Top set isn't even that different to 2nd set because my mate in 2nd set got higher than some in top set
Reply 8
Original post by Goldfish4343
What set are you in now? Why do you want to move up?

It isn't always better to be in the better set. Teachers generally are better at knowing which set you should be in. I got moved from set 1 to 2. At first, I hated that decision, but throughout the year, I started to realise it was the best decision they could have made. I was moved down due to confidence and I have to say it was a lot better to be best in the class than middle to bottom of a class. Ended up with a 9 in GCSE Maths, top of the class and better than most of set 1!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that only 4% of the country got 9's for their GCSE's, so you're really underselling your achievement lol, well done
year 9
Reply 11
Original post by username2899906
What set are you in now? Why do you want to move up?It isn't always better to be in the better set. Teachers generally are better at knowing which set you should be in. I got moved from set 1 to 2. At first, I hated that decision, but throughout the year, I started to realise it was the best decision they could have made. I was moved down due to confidence and I have to say it was a lot better to be best in the class than middle to bottom of a class. Ended up with a 9 in GCSE Maths, top of the class and better than most of set 1!
i want to move back up i was set 3 now ive been moved to set 4 and i would like to move back up as i rlly miss my set and the work is rlly easy and its stuff i already know.

Quick Reply

Latest