Languages - set 1 (out of 3)

Secondary KS4 (I moved schools):
Maths - set 2 (out of 5)
Reply 1
umm
Primary: Numeracy - Set 1/2
Literacy - Set 1/2
Year7/8: my old school only sets in maths - set 1/4
Rest of KS3: Sets for every subject- History, Geo, R.E, Drama, P.E, French, Music - Set 1/8
Maths, Science - Set 2/8
English - Set 7/8 then set 6/8
Y10 - Triple Science, History, French P.E, R.E - Set 1/8
Maths - Set 2/8
English Set 3/8
Y11- Triple Science, History, French P.E, R.E -
Maths, English - Set 2/8
1 (out of 4) for everything that had a set, which was only English, Maths, Geography, French, and History I think. This was high school - primary school didn't have sets.

Until I had a... let's just call it a falling out... with the geography teacher, and he moved me down to set 2.
But it was only for a few months anyway as I dropped History and Geography at the end of Yr 9.
(edited 10 months ago)
Set 1 in everything
Reply 4
In primary we didnt have sets but I was the smartest in my year so i was on the top table for everything. In secondary I sort of knocked my own confidence but i was still in set 1 for everything every year. Except in year 8. For some reason i was in set 2 for Geography, History and R.E (all categorised as just "Humanities" on our time table) but i didnt even notice for ages.
I'm in set 1 for everything now, but in Year 7, I started out in set 2, then moved up to set 1 in decemberish, and I got moved up for everything except science for some reason. I'm in Year 9 now.
Reply 6
Original post by driftingpenguin
I'm in set 1 for everything now, but in Year 7, I started out in set 2, then moved up to set 1 in decemberish, and I got moved up for everything except science for some reason. I'm in Year 9 now.

Nice. Good job on moving up.
Top set for everything, every year, apart from Year 9 French… It kept me up at night, and my parents never knew. Damn Mrs Baron, I wasn’t any worse at French that year so I’ll never know why she did it.
Reply 8
Top, from five in band a, and another 2 in band b. It was grim to be a 'B-bander'.
Reply 9
KS3
set 2 in everything
KS4
set 2 in english and maths
set 1 in science
other subjects in KS4 don't have sets
Haven't the foggiest. Pretty sure I wasn't in the bottom set for anything (even in PE, amazingly - as I had one blissful lesson in bottom set PE where the expectations were so low we just got to kind of hang around and chat while occasionally kicking a ball around, then I got moved back to the one I was originally in...) but also don't think I was in top set for anything. But I might be wrong! (except the PE example where I knew I got moved down for one lesson so couldn't have been in bottom set there).
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by shirokuro3
My schools didn't do many sets.

Primary KS2:
Maths - set 1 (out of 3)
Literacy - set 2 (out of 3)

Secondary KS3:
Maths - set 1 (out of 4)
Languages - set 1 (out of 3)

Secondary KS4 (I moved schools):
Maths - set 2 (out of 5)

Primary- no sets (literally 20 kids in our entire year of that)

secondary years 7-8: top set for everything (out of three)

secondary year 9: (different school)
middle set for everything (out of three h
went up to top set in maths halfway through the year

secondary year 10-11:
top set for everything- triple science

all schools only had 3 sets (except primary which had none)

Quick Reply

Latest