The Student Room Group
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website

Working with children, young people and families

Hi, I'm interested in studying a BA(Hons) in Working with children, young people and families at Leeds Trinity University and was just wondering if anybody has studied or is currently studying this course that could give me a bit of an insight into what it is like?

For example, what are the placements like, job prospects, university schedule, university life, modules.

Thank you.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Leeds Trinity University
Leeds Trinity University
Leeds
Visit website
Original post by Chloe_maria08
Hi, I'm interested in studying a BA(Hons) in Working with children, young people and families at Leeds Trinity University and was just wondering if anybody has studied or is currently studying this course that could give me a bit of an insight into what it is like?

For example, what are the placements like, job prospects, university schedule, university life, modules.

Thank you.

Hey!

I am also hoping to go to Leeds Trinity in september to start studying this course! What accomodation are you applying too?

I have some friends who have studied on this course. They have said that the placement is amazing as they have recieved professional ones e.g within hospitals. The tutors tend to get to know you to give you the best support. (Thats all I have haha) Be good to know somebody else doing this course!
Original post by Dramagirlx
Hey!

I am also hoping to go to Leeds Trinity in september to start studying this course! What accomodation are you applying too?

I have some friends who have studied on this course. They have said that the placement is amazing as they have recieved professional ones e.g within hospitals. The tutors tend to get to know you to give you the best support. (Thats all I have haha) Be good to know somebody else doing this course!

Hi! If I firm Leeds I'm going to apply for All Saints Court accommodation, what about you?

Thanks for the help, that sounds good about the placements, I received an unconditional offer last week and I'm considering firming. The course and modules seem really interesting. However, I only decided to go uni at the last minute after withdrawing last year, so I'm still waiting to hear back from other unis.
Thanks again.

What other universities have you applied to?
Hello there!!

I have accepted Leeds Trinity and are thinking of staying in Fountains Court as I heard it is the best accomodation and the only one with a cubicle shower as the rest are wet floor showers. Otherwise ive looked at Kirkstall halls but have been adviced not to go there as it is hard to make friends as you share with up to 25 people which is bizarre!

They reallly do seem amazing dont they?! Awh well I am sure youll get in!

It is alright. I applied for Beckett, York St John, Bradford and Liverpool hope.
Original post by Dramagirlx
Hello there!!

I have accepted Leeds Trinity and are thinking of staying in Fountains Court as I heard it is the best accomodation and the only one with a cubicle shower as the rest are wet floor showers. Otherwise ive looked at Kirkstall halls but have been adviced not to go there as it is hard to make friends as you share with up to 25 people which is bizarre!

They reallly do seem amazing dont they?! Awh well I am sure youll get in!

It is alright. I applied for Beckett, York St John, Bradford and Liverpool hope.

Hello Dramagirlx :biggrin:

It is great to hear you have applied to study with us :thumbsup:.

One of the best ways to help you choose, is to visit each of the universities, if you have not already. Open Days/Applicant Days and Bespoke Campus Tours all offer a fantastic chance to see the university and its accommodation options. You can also speak to academics and current students to get a real feel for what the course consists of and what the university is like to study at. I would check out the websites of the universities to see if there are any upcoming dates. It can be hard to get a feel for what it would be like to live somewhere from the pictures on a website alone.

I too was really attracted to a university with smaller class sizes and where academics knew the student’s names and Liverpool Hope did not disappoint. I even got replies to some of my emails from tutors on weekends. My final year project also felt like a combined project with my supervisor rather than an independent study. So, a smaller university may be best for you, if working in intimate class room settings and with academics who can offer more support will positively affect your studies.

Finally the courses at all the universities, as you will know, will differ, so double checking each of the courses curriculum to see what appeals to you more, will also be beneficial.

If you have any questions about anything please let us know.
Tom :shakehand:
Reply 6
I do youth work in a deprived high immigrant area. I recommend at least 2 yrs martial art training, lol.
Original post by Chloe_maria08

Thank you.

Hey! I dont go there at the moment but I am also going to study this course in september! Have you applied for accomodation yet?

My friend does the course and I have already spoken to some tutors on the visit day they have every wednesday which you can apply for. The tutor said placements can be anything from hospital to working with police.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending