The Student Room Group

Kings College or Queen Mary??

So I am applying for astrophysics this year.
I got an offer from KCL and QMUL, but I really don’t know which one to choose to go.
(Cuz i need to decide my first and second choice)
I know KCL is better overall in ranking, but isn’t QMUL more known for astrophysics than KCL?
I mean I also heard one of Steven Hawking’s old student was teaching at QMUL and recently Bill Gates visited there too...
Anyone who has any info about KCL physics???
Or someone give me some comparisons ;(
Have you visited them yet?
kings
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Have you visited them yet?

I have visited kings once but not for physics- so i dont really know how their physics department is going to be. But for QMUL yes i have and I really liked it
Original post by woniella
I have visited kings once but not for physics- so i dont really know how their physics department is going to be. But for QMUL yes i have and I really liked it

Kings must have some opportunities to visit the physics department this spring. Go along and visit as much as you can so that you can be sure that you’re making an informed decision - then go with your gut.
I got an offer from KCL and QMUL, but I really don’t know which one to choose to go.
I know KCL is better overall in ranking, but isn’t QMUL more known for astrophysics than KCL?
I mean I also heard one of Steven Hawking’s old student was teaching at QMUL and recently Bill Gates visited there too...

kings. there should be no bloody contest
Reply 6
why not, I too am trying to make this decision. I like the particle physics MSc at QMUL but KCL has a better reputation

Hi, did you decided which one is better and also is there any comparison btw cardiff uni?
Reply 8

1) Look for campus tour and open day films for each one on You Tube.

2) Do you work well under pressure, do you feel intimidated by situations where everyone seems 'clever' or do you actually enjoy that - questions to think about re. KCL - ie. it doesnt suit everyone, and that's not a reflection of anyone's intellectual ability, just personality type and learning style. Where will you feel most comfortable?
Original post by McGinger
1) Look for campus tour and open day films for each one on You Tube.

2) Do you work well under pressure, do you feel intimidated by situations where everyone seems 'clever' or do you actually enjoy that - questions to think about re. KCL - ie. it doesnt suit everyone, and that's not a reflection of anyone's intellectual ability, just personality type and learning style. Where will you feel most comfortable?

Is QMUL is also like this (feels intimidated some times) or a bit less pressure?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Theja Srinivas S
Is QMUL is also like this (feels intimidated some times) or a bit less pressure?

Its far less pressured than KCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending