The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 3 - 19th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiily123
HNO3 acts as a bronsted lowry base because it accepts a proton from H2SO4 and releases OH- ions.
Ba(OH)2 and MgSO4 form BaSO4 which is insoluble therefore would produce largest mass of a solid, as it doesnt produce any other products, D will also produce NaOH.

won't B make Mg(OH)2 ?
and D makes BaSO4 too
yes D does make BaSO4 but it also makes NaOH too.
And yes it will, B will make BaSO4 aswell as Mg(OH)2 which is less soluble in water than NaOH.
Original post by lollypenguin
won't B make Mg(OH)2 ?
and D makes BaSO4 too
Original post by emiily123
yes D does make BaSO4 but it also makes NaOH too.
And yes it will, B will make BaSO4 aswell as Mg(OH)2 which is less soluble in water than NaOH.

ahh right; thanks!
Reply 43
is anyone else really unmotivated to revise for this last exam?
any advice on how to get motivated, because I know I'll regret this later on:frown:
Yeahhh I know what you mean, I’ve been revising crazy non stop and I feel like I’ve just burned out but as these are your last exams, just push forward! In a week they’ll all be over and you’ll finally have freedom from a levels. And as you said, you’ll regret this later on because as sad as it is, a levels pretty much define your future career path if whatever you want to do requires you to go to university to do whatever degree so if you don’t revise now then you may be stopping your future self from achieving your potential 😂 this exam is literally just in four days and in the morning too so hang in there!
Original post by jellu
is anyone else really unmotivated to revise for this last exam?
any advice on how to get motivated, because I know I'll regret this later on:frown:
Reply 45
Glad someone understand me lol! I get what ur saying, its soo true, we just gotta power through these last few days and then we're actually done! (I never thought this day would come lmao)
Original post by 1357anonymous
Yeahhh I know what you mean, I’ve been revising crazy non stop and I feel like I’ve just burned out but as these are your last exams, just push forward! In a week they’ll all be over and you’ll finally have freedom from a levels. And as you said, you’ll regret this later on because as sad as it is, a levels pretty much define your future career path if whatever you want to do requires you to go to university to do whatever degree so if you don’t revise now then you may be stopping your future self from achieving your potential 😂 this exam is literally just in four days and in the morning too so hang in there!
Reply 46
is the ans c
how do you do this?
Original post by jb2510
is the ans c

yeahh
Really Dont Know
Just use the equation P1V1 = P2V2 (can’t use PV=nRT here cos R isn’t given and more than 1 gas is involved), P1 is the O2 and N2 together and just rearrange the equation to find P2 which should get u 34?
how do you do this?
Have done no chem revision. Flopped paper 1 and 2 so bad. Just feel like there’s no point in revising when I’m gonna flop it anyway cuz aqa worship the ****ing devil :frown: the papers have been so unbelievably difficult I’ve never seen anything like it. And a lot of people found it okay/easy so it’s unlikely the grade boundaries will change :/
I’d rather focus on bio paper 3 which is on Monday (that’s also why I haven’t revised any chem yet )
So literally giving my self ONE day to revise for Chem paper 3
Just feel like there’s rlly no point and no hope for me :frown:
Original post by Kayyy30
Have done no chem revision. Flopped paper 1 and 2 so bad. Just feel like there’s no point in revising when I’m gonna flop it anyway cuz aqa worship the ****ing devil :frown: the papers have been so unbelievably difficult I’ve never seen anything like it. And a lot of people found it okay/easy so it’s unlikely the grade boundaries will change :/
I’d rather focus on bio paper 3 which is on Monday (that’s also why I haven’t revised any chem yet )
So literally giving my self ONE day to revise for Chem paper 3
Just feel like there’s rlly no point and no hope for me :frown:

You have 2 days if you count monday! Honestly just think that this last paper could bring up your grade, even if you do badly you know how to improve and you know that you put the effort in. It's your last chemistry paper, after the test on Wednesday you're done with Chemistry!
Im honestly stressing out so much im crying. In the same position as Kayyy30 and only have half of monday and tuesday to revise chemistry and have done no revision because of how bad the first 2 papers went. I will be grateful for a C- i cant get any lower or im in trouble but idk what to even revise. what topics shall i not bother revising since they came up on paper 1 and 2? do i focus mainly on practicals? i need to do really well in this paper or i wont even get a C overall and im stressing out! if someone could help me and give me a list of topics that have already come up so i dont have to revise them and ease the burdan i would be so grateful honestly!! it's even worse because im resitting chem this yr and no matter how much i try i never do well :frown: i only took it cos my mum made me and i wanna do economics at uni this yr! so please any help of what topics have or havent come up i will be immensely gratefu beacause it could honestly save my life!!!
Reply 53
What do you guys reckon the 6 marker will be on this year? Also whats the best way to revise rate graphs and curves? I always get confused when to use 1/time, what to put on x and y axis etc
I would study electrochemistry, complex ions (not a lot has come up yet with these and they’re pretty practical heavy), enthalpy changes and definitely focus on practicals especially the methods for them eg making volumetric solutions or the different methods of measuring rate of reaction. Also find multiple choice questions (lots on physics and math tutor and also just search them on google I’m doing other spec mcq as well so there’s a tangential of questions to do) and do a bunch of them bc although they’re each one mark you could waste a lot of time on them and losing a few marks on mcq could cost you a lot in the long run. Sorry for not remembering the other topics that haven’t come up but if u go to paper 1 and paper 2 unofficial mark scheme threads you can easily find out which topics have/haven’t come up yet :smile:
Original post by Jp Ahmad
Im honestly stressing out so much im crying. In the same position as Kayyy30 and only have half of monday and tuesday to revise chemistry and have done no revision because of how bad the first 2 papers went. I will be grateful for a C- i cant get any lower or im in trouble but idk what to even revise. what topics shall i not bother revising since they came up on paper 1 and 2? do i focus mainly on practicals? i need to do really well in this paper or i wont even get a C overall and im stressing out! if someone could help me and give me a list of topics that have already come up so i dont have to revise them and ease the burdan i would be so grateful honestly!! it's even worse because im resitting chem this yr and no matter how much i try i never do well :frown: i only took it cos my mum made me and i wanna do economics at uni this yr! so please any help of what topics have or havent come up i will be immensely gratefu beacause it could honestly save my life!!!
omg same igy
Original post by sb.123
Same. If I don't do incredibly well on this paper, and the grade boundaries aren't really low, I know I'm not getting an A.
Omg ty so much!!!!! Im really bad at organic, would u say apart from the aspirin process i should do alot of revision on organoc or just stick to physical and inorganic? Ty!!!!!!
Original post by 1357anonymous
I would study electrochemistry, complex ions (not a lot has come up yet with these and they’re pretty practical heavy), enthalpy changes and definitely focus on practicals especially the methods for them eg making volumetric solutions or the different methods of measuring rate of reaction. Also find multiple choice questions (lots on physics and math tutor and also just search them on google I’m doing other spec mcq as well so there’s a tangential of questions to do) and do a bunch of them bc although they’re each one mark you could waste a lot of time on them and losing a few marks on mcq could cost you a lot in the long run. Sorry for not remembering the other topics that haven’t come up but if u go to paper 1 and paper 2 unofficial mark scheme threads you can easily find out which topics have/haven’t come up yet :smile:
Reply 57
Do you guys think there will be alot of questions asking to identify or draw an organic molecule in this paper. They didn't have a long NMR question in Paper 2, so does that mean they might put one in the 3rd?
Original post by kaiju78
What do you guys reckon the 6 marker will be on this year? Also whats the best way to revise rate graphs and curves? I always get confused when to use 1/time, what to put on x and y axis etc

so last year it was the "clock" experiment 2017 it was the uh...making a solution and allowing for heat loss experiment as well as the making organic liquid.

This year i suspect it might be the pH meter experiment and probably an inorganic test. At least i hope that's the case.
In terms of organic quite a bit came up, lots of NMR, mechanisms and stuff on chromatography so I wouldn’t bother with them if you don’t have enough time to revise everything, there’s a lot of practicals for organic (like you said, aspirin but there’s actually quite a lot with preparing it, purifying then measuring the melting point so make sure u cover all of those) and also rmb the diagrams (distillation, reflux).
I would still go over a summary of the mechanisms cos they tend to ask those quite a lot in MCQ if I’m not wrong? Also kinetics hasn’t come up much yet so I’m pretty sure they’ll ask smt to do with kinetics then relate it back to practicals of measuring ror
Original post by Jp Ahmad
Omg ty so much!!!!! Im really bad at organic, would u say apart from the aspirin process i should do alot of revision on organoc or just stick to physical and inorganic? Ty!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending