The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 3 (7405/3) - 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 exam go today?

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 3 (7405/3) - Friday 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Friday 23rd June / AM
Length: 2h

Resources
AQA (Chemistry)

congratulations!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm really stuck on the worded rate questions (mostly in paper 3), anyone got any methods or sources of revision?
Original post by Harrysm
I'm really stuck on the worded rate questions (mostly in paper 3), anyone got any methods or sources of revision?

First and foremost, underline or highlight important words/numbers in the question to keep track of them more easily.

Secondly, try Allery Chemistry, Eliot Rintoul and Davies A level chemistry https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTMMuJwv83FpXCBhs8mVr16Ap_XUlVuC5
Original post by Harrysm

Added this to our paper 3 AQA chat :smile:
Does anyone know how to really prepare for Paper 3 chem it's so difficult to know the practical skills that I need to know and the MCQ's I'm dreading it 🤣😩😩😩😭
Reply 5
Anyone have any tips for the MCQ's that always come up e.g how to work out covalent character ?
Anyone got any predicitions based on paper 1? Is it typical that the content that comes up in paper 3 is some of the stuff that was covered less in papers 1 and 2?
Original post by JeffBillaBong14
Anyone got any predicitions based on paper 1? Is it typical that the content that comes up in paper 3 is some of the stuff that was covered less in papers 1 and 2?

Yes, it's common for main topics which didn't come up in paper 1/2 to feature in paper 3. Based off of paper 1, it's definitely worth going over:
- Gibbs free energy / entropy
- Group 2 (maybe)
- Group 7
- Catalysts
Reply 8
Original post by Jake_boultsy
Yes, it's common for main topics which didn't come up in paper 1/2 to feature in paper 3. Based off of paper 1, it's definitely worth going over:
- Gibbs free energy / entropy
- Group 2 (maybe)
- Group 7
- Catalysts

I was so shocked group 2 n 7 didnt come up but high chance in paper 3
Reply 9
paper 3 time lessss gooooo
Reply 10
Chromatography and amino acids is definitely coming up
Reply 11
Original post by npj
Chromatography and amino acids is definitely coming up

me and a few others thought they may come up together with how to see amino acids in chromatography ect
Reply 12
Apart from the topics that have mentioned above does anyone know any other topics that didn’t really come up in the 2 papers that may come up in paper 3? And practicals?
Any common paper 3 topics?
is this paper baso gonna be practicals essentially?
Reply 15
Original post by 162686
is this paper baso gonna be practicals essentially?

Yeah I think 40/90 marks will be related to practicals and then 30 marks will be multiple choice and 20 marks on normal questions
I feel like theres gonna be some crazy tests for ions stuff where they link several stuff like group 2 and group 7 with the reactions of aq ions and all the colours.
Also Gibbs/Thermodynamics will probably come up along with chromatography/recrystallisation/preparation of an organic liquid
Reply 17
Im thinking mainly group 2 and 7 as that wasn't on either paper 1 or 2 really. So that's RP 4- the test for anions
Chromatography hasn't come up yet also wasn't in any papers from 2022 so that will most deffo be a topic to revise especially with amino acids for the required practical.
Thermodynamics especially GFE and entropy hasn't come up including the effect of temp so that could come up with the rates of reaction required practical.
Group 7 and redox equations with H2SO4 etc with the reducing agents
Required practical 10- including recrystallisation and melting points - also maybe atom economy? as this hasn't come up either.
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by STNN
Apart from the topics that have mentioned above does anyone know any other topics that didn’t really come up in the 2 papers that may come up in paper 3? And practicals?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by ag321
Im thinking mainly group 2 and 7 as that wasn't on either paper 1 or 2 really. So that's RP 4- the test for anions
Chromatography hasn't come up yet also wasn't in any papers from 2022 so that will most deffo be a topic to revise especially with amino acids for the required practical.
Thermodynamics especially GFE and entropy hasn't come up including the effect of temp so that could come up with the rates of reaction required practical.
Hope this helps :smile:

Yes this was very helpful thank you so much!😁😁
We haven't had any questions about titration curves yet right? I can't remember because I block all memories of previous exams to save from self-imploding :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending