The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - Paper 3 - 19th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

I honestly cant thank you enough ty so much! i feel so much better now :smile:
Original post by 1357anonymous
In terms of organic quite a bit came up, lots of NMR, mechanisms and stuff on chromatography so I wouldn’t bother with them if you don’t have enough time to revise everything, there’s a lot of practicals for organic (like you said, aspirin but there’s actually quite a lot with preparing it, purifying then measuring the melting point so make sure u cover all of those) and also rmb the diagrams (distillation, reflux).
I would still go over a summary of the mechanisms cos they tend to ask those quite a lot in MCQ if I’m not wrong? Also kinetics hasn’t come up much yet so I’m pretty sure they’ll ask smt to do with kinetics then relate it back to practicals of measuring ror
did anyone find paper 1 and 2 this year significantly more difficult than paper 1 and 2 in 2018? i found paper 1 especially a lot harder
Paper 2 felt really hard there was little to no pure content only about 10 marks on rates and then working out masses and emprical formula whereas last year there was about 46 marks on pure including Kc and enthalpy, also the organic content seemed harder much more A2 content then As, hoping paper 3 has a Kc question and it looks like the EMF practical will come up as there has been no EMF, I doubt the grade boundaries will be much different this year tho so no looking great
Reply 63
Anyone know where I can find a bunch of Multiple choice questions??
Original post by Aadz7

Physicsandmaths tutor has some
http://scienceabove.com/wp-content/uploads/Past_Papers/AQA/Pre2009/Unit_6/AQA-CHM6W-W-QP-JUN06.pdf
Original post by Aadz7
Reply 67
The grade boundaries will drop accordingly. Me and another in my class have medicine offers from Cambridge and we found paper 2 stupidly hard, so don’t worry
Original post by jnolan679
Paper 2 felt really hard there was little to no pure content only about 10 marks on rates and then working out masses and emprical formula whereas last year there was about 46 marks on pure including Kc and enthalpy, also the organic content seemed harder much more A2 content then As, hoping paper 3 has a Kc question and it looks like the EMF practical will come up as there has been no EMF, I doubt the grade boundaries will be much different this year tho so no looking great
Is dere gonna be any inorganic,
Anyone have this years AS paper 1 please?
I would revise everything. Multichoice is the key to doing well in this paper , if u know ur stuff u can get 25+ which really puts up your grade
Original post by Makapakloser
Is dere gonna be any inorganic,
Hey the markschemes never show graph answers and I was doing the 2017 paper 3 yesterday and wasn't sure where to plot one of the points. Does anyone know where to plot the second point on the x-axis? (Half the acid has reacted.) HX is a weak acid. TIA
1560766376346232636460.jpg15607664021911095145273.jpg
Has anyone got any predictions on what might come up? I really have no energy left now why did chemistry have to be the last exam.
any tips for multiple choice as well?
electrochemistry, energetics, kc and equilibria, rates
Original post by Mcpatel24
Has anyone got any predictions on what might come up? I really have no energy left now why did chemistry have to be the last exam.
thanks
Original post by GoldenShade
electrochemistry, energetics, kc and equilibria, rates
can anyone help me I have absolutely no idea about how the steps in purifying products help purify them? like in past/sample papers theres been qs on how like warming the solvent is necessary for purification etc. and like I have no idea??
anyone have a step-by-step for purifying subtances that explains the reasons for each step?
https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/aqa-a-level-chemistry-required-practical-summary-11603788
Think this has the info and it has the info for the other required practicals too!
Pretty sure you warm it so that the solid that you want dissolves in it. Then when you cool it down it stops being dissolved in it. It means you can remove any impurities that are completely insoluble in the solvent.
Original post by applesauce5
can anyone help me I have absolutely no idea about how the steps in purifying products help purify them? like in past/sample papers theres been qs on how like warming the solvent is necessary for purification etc. and like I have no idea??
anyone have a step-by-step for purifying subtances that explains the reasons for each step?
hey, check the chemrevise practical guide
Original post by applesauce5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending