The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology 7402 - Paper 3 - 17th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

it’s actually much more time convenient for me if you pm me sorry LMAO i’m just revising on and off x
Original post by dania.abdalla
Hi could you send it to me too!
Reply 81
Could you send it to me too please? And the locked specimens you mentioned before. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!
Original post by tsunderhi_
will pm you as its supposed to be locked
Could someone summarise the production of urine?
due to contraction of left ventricle, there is a high blood pressure in the afferent arteriole. ultra filtration occurs between the renal capsule and glomerulus which has pores that allow small substances such as water, amino acids, glucose to be forced out of the capillary. the endothelial capillary layer is also attached to the basement membrane which acts as a fine filter and holds back the large plasma proteins, the filtered substances form urine and travel through the nephron
Original post by Mcpatel24
Could someone summarise the production of urine?
will pm you as its supposed to be locked

can you send it to me? also the specimens that we don't have access to? thanks!
Reply 85
This is the production of the glomerular filtrate, I wouldn’t say it’s the full process for the production of urine cos I think you need to mention ADH and stuff for that, and also the afferent arteriolar has a higher pressure from being narrow too
Original post by Zaki1039
due to contraction of left ventricle, there is a high blood pressure in the afferent arteriole. ultra filtration occurs between the renal capsule and glomerulus which has pores that allow small substances such as water, amino acids, glucose to be forced out of the capillary. the endothelial capillary layer is also attached to the basement membrane which acts as a fine filter and holds back the large plasma proteins, the filtered substances form urine and travel through the nephron
Does anyone have a list of good ‘off-spec’ topics that we could include in the essay?

Preferably ones that are linked to the predictions (phosphorous compounds & cycles).
Original post by LifeIsSoHard
Does anyone have a list of good ‘off-spec’ topics that we could include in the essay?

Preferably ones that are linked to the predictions (phosphorous compounds & cycles).

The carbon cycle, I think I still remember some of it from gcse but it isn't on the A level spec
carbon cycle, it was on the old spec so there's plenty of resources.

Carbon cycle
Do you have a list of the essay predictions?
Reply 90
You guys you can’t get those off spec marks for the carbon cycle, it has to be content that’s non gcse level aka a level or above, not something the average person who would have studied. This was written on one of the aqa documents that talks about how teachers should teach students for this essay or something...gonna have to try harder than that : )
If the essay is something like
'Explain the importance of cycles in Biology (25 marks)' - I've seen this being predicted a fair amount
What topics could come up?
So far I've got:
- Nutrient cycles - Phosphorus and Nitrogen
- Cardiac cycle
- Cell cycle

Would this be enough? Are there any other cycles or relevant material? Thanks
Reply 92
Original post by hxrrisonjames
If the essay is something like
'Explain the importance of cycles in Biology (25 marks)' - I've seen this being predicted a fair amount
What topics could come up?
So far I've got:
- Nutrient cycles - Phosphorus and Nitrogen
- Cardiac cycle
- Cell cycle

Would this be enough? Are there any other cycles or relevant material? Thanks

Kreb's Calvins, ventilation cycle (inhalation exhalation - good AS topic)
Thanks a lot, Krebs and Calvin cycles are a good shout for photosynthesis and respiration
Could link phosphorus and krebs/calvin via ATP somehow
Original post by Dilof
Kreb's Calvins, ventilation cycle (inhalation exhalation - good AS topic)
You don't have to do off spec stuff. You can get 23 marks without it.
That's good because I don't know any :lolwut:

Original post by VictiniCup
Reply 96
Yeah but you said you could get them by talking about carbon cycle (in a cycle essay) and I was just pointing out that you can’t. If you’re not concerned with all 25 then yes this is your best approach
Original post by VictiniCup
Just introduce off-spec words rather than a whole topic.
Like for Gene expression you can talk about TAQ polymerase. Thermo-cycler is used to amplify the DNA fragment. When plasmids are cultured they’re cultured in an ice cold solution of CaCl2.
-Electron transport chains you can say theres a cytochrome complex (fancy word for protein) between the photosystems.
-Phosphorus cycles you can say guano is a fertiliser & then talk about the effects.
-Nitrogen Cycles: use examples of the nitrifying bacteria ( Nitrobacter and Nitrosomas)
-Immunity: Vibro Chloeroe is an example of bacterial pathogen that causes disease
Homeostasis: Type 1 Diabetes causes hypoglycaemia when their blood glucose level rises and doesn’t fall

(edited 4 years ago)
Does anyone know what topics to talk about if the importance of phosphate came up?
hi could you pls send me it
it’s actually much more time convenient for me if you pm me sorry LMAO i’m just revising on and off x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending