The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Mathematics Paper 3 (7357/3) - 20th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Mathematics Paper 3 exam go today?

AQA A-level Mathematics Paper 3 (7357/3) - 20th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 20th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2 hours

Congratulations on finishing your exam
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think applied is going to be the death of me :colonhash:
WAIT I'm doing edexcel maths not AQA
Ooops
Byeee
Reply 3
wth
Reply 4
Is there a paper 1 chat? Can't seem to find it, only further maths
Reply 5
Original post by tonkzs-
Is there a paper 1 chat? Can't seem to find it, only further maths

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7357775
Here
How is everyone revising stats? I HATE it, I just can't seem to get it :frown:
Reply 8
Can someone explain me how do I know when to accept or reject h0, for hypothesis test. I know the rest of the steps I gotta do, but no idea how to finish the question.
Do we need to know about linear regression? I can't find it on the spec but it's on one of the primrose practice papers(For the AQA spec)
Reply 10
Original post by edu27gm
Can someone explain me how do I know when to accept or reject h0, for hypothesis test. I know the rest of the steps I gotta do, but no idea how to finish the question.

basically the number you get at the end is the probability of the results being due to chance. so if i got 0.06, that means theres a 6% probability the results i got were just chance and the h0 shouldnt be rejected. the critical value is the minimum value where the h0 can still be accepted. so if i had a critical value of 0.05 and the results of the test were 0.06, theres a 6% probability results are due to chance. however, to be sure that i could reject the h0 with confidence and that it wasnt just down to chance, i wanted the probability to be less than 5%. so i cant reject the h0 because the chance of the results being a fluke is too high. if i had the same critical value but the result of the test was 0.04, the probability of the result being due to chance is only 4%, less than the critical value of 5%, so I can say with enough confidence that the results werent just a fluke and the h0 has changed, therefore i can reject. also worth noting the chance of you incorrectly rejecting the h0 in this case is 4%. hope this helps
Original post by edu27gm

You'll probably just have to learn it I'm afraid, I find it tricky to understand the actual reasons why so found it easier to just memorise this:

p val > sig level , ACCEPT H0 (insufficient evidence)

p val < sig level , Reject H0 (sufficient evidence)
Reply 12
Original post by edu27gm

it basically is just a test of how likely it is to happen. so if the probability u get is less than the significance level then it’s so unlikely that you can reject the null hypothesis (Ho) if the probability is greater than the significance level then it’s likely enough to happen that you can’t reject Ho
anybody know the pure topics we need to work on for paper 3??
Reply 14
Original post by Atif Siddique
anybody know the pure topics we need to work on for paper 3??

Someone on Discord made this
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1053325522941259808/1118254411194581134/image.png?width=812&height=662

thanks, do you have the link for it - i need to find predictions for chemistry
Reply 16
I don't remember if the spec wants us to use n-1 instead of n when calculating standard deviation with a sample, anyone remember?
Original post by uhus
I don't remember if the spec wants us to use n-1 instead of n when calculating standard deviation with a sample, anyone remember?

pretty sure its just n for maths but i'd just use the stats function on the calc to work out SD
(edited 10 months ago)
has there been a question on the newton rhapson method yet I cannot remember for the life of me
Reply 19
Original post by Jfjfnrnfkgk
has there been a question on the newton rhapson method yet I cannot remember for the life of me

I think there was one, 3 marker or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending