The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should we tip nurses?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pachuco
Many of them probably don't write a thank you letter because they fear it will be seen as inappropriate. Especially if the writer is a man and the recipient is a woman.

As I mentioned earlier... I work in bowel cancer. I spend a lot of my time in people's bottoms for want of a better phrase. I have had intimate experience of many men's nether regions. How is your comment relevent
Original post by squeakysquirrel
As I mentioned earlier... I work in bowel cancer. I spend a lot of my time in people's bottoms for want of a better phrase. I have had intimate experience of many men's nether regions. How is your comment relevent

Not even close to being comparable. And my comment is relevant because you want to know why patients don't give you cards and letters thanking you.
I think the government should pay them decent wages for the great work they do instead of cheaping out on there wages.
What I usually do is leave a box of chocolates for the staff, something like a quality street, and just a note saying thanks.
Original post by Pachuco
Not even close to being comparable. And my comment is relevant because you want to know why patients don't give you cards and letters thanking you.

My job is to tell people that they may have bowel cancer. 10 % of the people I see have an early bowel cancer and you are questioning why they should be grateful. I hope to god I never meet you
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Hmm... So it is ok for us to have to fill in forms to declare tips but it is not ok for a patient to drop a quick email or even a card to say thank you. How sad we have become. To be honest your response depresses me immensely.

Loads of people give thank you cards to nurses - the walls on the wards are plastered with them. And lets be fair - you are only wanting people to say thank you to you in writing so you can use it as evidence for your revalidation...
no they should be paid properly in the first place. nurses are nice to their patients because they care and many would refuse money out of the pockets of the sick and elderly anyway.
Original post by username3973192
No. It will cause more harm than good.

Why and how?
Original post by jameelagrada
Why

Yes, why and how does tipping cause more harm than good.
Reply 49
Original post by Floyd Holler
Why and how?

Why are you resurrecting a 4 year old thread, particularly when there are numerous answers to your question already within it.

Latest

Trending

Trending