The Student Room Group

GCSE Biology AQA paper 1 (May 14th) Predictions

Hey I thought that I should add a forum where we can all collectively predict (guess?) what MIGHT come up in this years paper!
Nice!
Reply 2
Primrose kitten's predicted papers predicted a 6 marker about the heart, required practical being the pondweed one and aerobic and anaerobic respiration etc, not sure though
Reply 3
Potential 6 markers: how the digestive/circulatory system works, adaptations of cells/organs, comparison of cell transport - diffusion, osmosis, etc, transport of water/food through plant, and methods for the required practicals.

They didn't ask about the photosynthesis and microscopy practicals, so they might come up. They might even bring in Paper 2 practicals like they did with the decay practical. Sneaky, AQA, sneaky.
Reply 4
I'm sure diffusion stuff is a given. Like, vegetables :smile: and osmosis and what not, always comes up I think.

I also think they'll ask about heart/digestive/circulatory systems.
her predicted papers seem unrealistic and the mark schemes are very odd, or am i the only one who thinks this
Original post by lulu9121
Primrose kitten's predicted papers predicted a 6 marker about the heart, required practical being the pondweed one and aerobic and anaerobic respiration etc, not sure though
Reply 6
Original post by Ziyad Skinner
her predicted papers seem unrealistic and the mark schemes are very odd, or am i the only one who thinks this

I agree with you. On her predicted paper, there was 4 marks just for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. In one of the Combined specimen papers, they only gave you 1 mark for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. And there was also an 8 marker about the structure of the heart - but the highest mark questions they'll ever give you in the exam is a 6 marker?
Totally agree with you some of the paper is badly worded. I'm sure these topics have a good chance of coming up, but I am not sure if it is going to be worded in the way she has created them. It's very odd.
Original post by Anthos
I agree with you. On her predicted paper, there was 4 marks just for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. In one of the Combined specimen papers, they only gave you 1 mark for writing the word equation for photosynthesis. And there was also an 8 marker about the structure of the heart - but the highest mark questions they'll ever give you in the exam is a 6 marker?
Reply 8
I agree but I think 6 marker may be about pondweed and how statins and stents prevent Conakry heart disease perhaps cells and the heart may come up bc heart hasn’t came up last year and it’s a big topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending