The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Abby_B
I am, but so far havent done too much prep for it, been concentrating on Central and unifying concepts. Do you think its the easiest of the modules? cant quite decide but i hope its easier!

its easy if u revise all the stuff but i havent got round to it cuz of the rest of my exams and i cant help keep thinking its one of my last exams lol. how u finding it though?! xx
Reply 81
*Jazz*
its easy if u revise all the stuff but i havent got round to it cuz of the rest of my exams and i cant help keep thinking its one of my last exams lol. how u finding it though?! xx

Well iv remade some notes and gone through them but that was about a week ago, iv left it just to prepare for fridays exam, i have the weekend and monday to prepare for it tho :confused: I did do one past paper and got a c, but i need an a in biology so im slighty worried

Im kinda thinking though as the topic is quite small, questions must be repeated quite a lot? so iv got 4 papers to do over the weekend!

How are you finding it?
Oh and its my last exam so i cannot wait until its over!
Reply 82
*Jazz*
for june 07, to get an 'a' for unifying concepts was 69%!!
xx

If grade boundries are lowered for one module does that mean the whole A2 grade boundries are slightly lowered? And vis versa if the grade boundries are increased? :confused:
Reply 83
No, you would still need 480 UMS for an A
I think it would mean that if you got say 69% you might get for example 52 UMS marks (as paper is out of 60 UMS, 50 raw marks), whereas if the grade boundaries were higher then if you 69% you might get 42 UMS.
The other modules would have no bearing on scaling of UMS for this particular paper...so you would still to do well in them to get an A.
Although you could argue I suppose that it is easier to get more UMS mark in the paper with the lowered grade boundaries, so therefore it is easier to get an A....BUT the paper with the lower grade boundaries would have been hard - as they only lower the grade boundaries to make sure a certain % of candiates get each grade.
Arrghh don't think my reply makes much sense - sorry!
Reply 84
It makes perfect sense, thanks :smile:
But its done on scaling up of UMS marks, then what about the people who got 100%- they wouldn't get the same standing of grades because if someone who got 69% would end up getting 50 UMS then i guess someone who got say 85% would have to get the full 60 UMS and the people who got 100% would have appeared to have performed the same as the 85%.
Reply 85
Yeah I see what you mean....
I suppose that maybe while that would be the case in a few situations, I guess that not many people would have got 100% because they wouldn't have lowered the grade boundaries otherwise. So that would make it easier to get an A if you had done well and got 85% but not exceptionally (i.e didn't get 100%).
Just my thoughts - could be wrong.
Reply 86
so im sitting here tryna do past papers and as i finish one i feel ive learnt nothing!!!! dreading the synoptic paper!!!!! how u guys all finding it???
Reply 87
hopefully the central concepts is ok but yeh dreading the synoptic. argh xx
Reply 88
i haven't finished revising :O
Have you all revised everything
Reply 89
gone through everything but just doing papers now. dont know when to fit in revision for my mammlian physiology cos im workin all weekend!!!! this well and truly sucks!!!!
Reply 90
ive got C4 tomorrow :C
Reply 91
im retakin biology this yr... last yr i had my bilogy and computing on the same day... 6 hours worth of rubbish exams... suppose i shouldnt be complaining this yr. but i think i will cos its still just as hard especially as i aint at school anymore!!!!
m25
im retakin biology this yr... last yr i had my bilogy and computing on the same day... 6 hours worth of rubbish exams... suppose i shouldnt be complaining this yr. but i think i will cos its still just as hard especially as i aint at school anymore!!!!

I am retaking too, two years after I got a D. I was predicted a B but things happened on the day of the exam so I failed. It is harder when you are not at school! I'm feeling OK about CC and been doing pretty good on the past papers but I haven't even tried UC yet, just looked through old notes.
Reply 93
Lilly White
I am retaking too, two years after I got a D. I was predicted a B but things happened on the day of the exam so I failed. It is harder when you are not at school! I'm feeling OK about CC and been doing pretty good on the past papers but I haven't even tried UC yet, just looked through old notes.

thats good that u feel alrite about CC. i feel nervous about ALL of them. jus had a conversation with my aunt who tried reassuring me that ill be ok!!! i been workin my pants off so i hope it pays off. what i dont understand is, is i can happily memorise everything but when it comes tp applying to a question i do really bad!!!!!!!!
Reply 94
i'm doing a resit in central concepts...only doing it to get more points

i got a list too...

mitochondria role in resp + adaptations
respirometer, RQ
Light dependent reaction
Calvin cycle
Meiosis, role in variation
Chi squared
test cross
Dihybrid cross
Mutation
Cassification
Speciation
Eutrophication
Predator/prey competition
Action potential, transmission impulses
Synapses
selective reabsorption, loop of henle
Reply 95
is anyone doin mammlian physiology?? in jan 2008 the eye came up.... what do u think more likely to come up... eye or ear???
m25
gone through everything but just doing papers now. dont know when to fit in revision for my mammlian physiology cos im workin all weekend!!!! this well and truly sucks!!!!

In exactly the same situation, done no mammalian 'cus of other exams. and have to work all weekend as well. Have a feeling i'm not going to do too well in it, just trying to squeeze in a bit now. Good Luck ppl.
What module is the practical attached to?
Reply 98
scottnoplot
In exactly the same situation, done no mammalian 'cus of other exams. and have to work all weekend as well. Have a feeling i'm not going to do too well in it, just trying to squeeze in a bit now. Good Luck ppl.

im sure we'll pull through. i keep saying to myself ill come back and revise after work but i doubt very much that will happen as im always soooo tired after work!!!! plus it'll all be over soon!!! woo hoo!!!
Reply 99
scottnoplot
What module is the practical attached to?

attached to the synoptic paper (unifying concepts)! the practical sucked! im sooo nervous having to go through this all again!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending