The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That was the easiest maths exam I have done so far. Thought it was considerably easier than all the past papers as well, think there will be some good results in this module throughout the country...
Reply 41
er y=34 rings a bell somewhere i think
because it was 33.33
Hmm... not too sure on this one. I hink i got £138, with x=28 and y=30. But i did that from looking at my graph and not putting the equations equal to eachother....didnt think of that till the exam was over so not sure if its right!! lol
Reply 43
Think I probably got £138 as the cost :smile: it was 1.5X + something else :s-smilie:

the 9 and 3 one i was on about was the Dijkstras one lol sorry people
i got the co-ordinate of the minimum point as (30,30) i think, and i think i got £105. eeek :frown:
1.5*28+3*30 i thought, but that equals 132?? So confused now, just gonna have to wait for results.... so long though!!
Reply 46
I definately got 34 as one of the co ordinates I think :s-smilie:
Reply 47
xx_tory_xx
1.5*28+3*30 i thought, but that equals 132?? So confused now, just gonna have to wait for results.... so long though!!

Yes - thats what I got, well nearly: 1.5x27 + 3x30

What explanations did everyone give for Q. 4?
I got (32,32) as the co ordinates. The cost was C = 1.5x + 3y. That gives C to be £144.
argh mine looks so wrong now :s-smilie: i was completely definite on it during the exam, and it looked right and everything... uh oh. that's like 3 marks gone :frown: like you said, we'll just have to wait for the results.

my exams are over now so i'm not actually bothered :biggrin: i'm too happy!
Upper bound - Because it can be improved.

Lower bound - Because it can't be improved.

I don't know if that was the question, but that is what I put for that question.
ahh i remember completely now, i got £135 as the cost. i got confused then and thought it was 0.5x, but it was 1.5x.
Reply 52
**** im scared now.
I got 34 for the y co ordinate definately.
Reply 53
TheBigMooseMan
I got (32,32) as the co ordinates. The cost was C = 1.5x + 3y. That gives C to be £144.

same
Reply 54
I got £141 with 26 and 34 - dont forget that one of the constratins regarding total number made was x+y60x+y \geq 60 so your co ordinates had to add up to more than or atleast 60
Kelly^2
er y=34 rings a bell somewhere i think
because it was 33.33

THANK GOD.

I thought I was wrong, but maybe not! :biggrin:

Okay, maybe I was :frown:
Reply 56
The minimum cost was found where the lines y + x = 60 and x + 4y = 160 intersected. It was difficult to decide which point gave the lowest value: there were two very close ones, but it was definitely this point.

This gave x = 27 (rounded up from 26.666 so that it remained in the feasible region) and y = 34 (rounded up from 33.333). They had to be whole numbers since you can't get 26.666 locks!

Which gave £142.50 as the minimum cost, since 1.5(27) + 3(34) = 142.5
Reply 57
3thr3e
same

can't be y had to be greater than x, they cant be the same...
I got (28, 34)!!
My two lowest costs were (80/3 , 100/3) gave me £140 i think? and (32,32) for £144 (i checked the smallest two to be sure lol) But now looks like I got it wrong
I hate decision anyway, I'd rather do statistics than decision :frown: (and I hate stats lol)

Latest