The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thank you ^^
Original post by Evil Homer
When you guys have a list of the answers I will edit the first post with them in so they are easy to see and discuss :smile:
Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT
Calculation question answers I got
Percentage one - 8.8%
Moles one - 0.002 moles
Last one - 15g

Same i got those answers too
I've merged a few threads trying to sort a markscheme out so you are all together :smile:
The 6 marker, here is what I put.

For manufacturer, car C releases more CO2 and so increases its carbon footprint in comparison to A and B. However, for driving, car B produces a larger mass of CO2, suggesting it is heavier. The total mass from manufacture and driving 40000km, car C increases its chance of a higher carbon footprint due to its excess release of Carbon, suggesting the car is large or intricate. Although for the total mass of manufacture and driving 100000km, car C releases the most Co2.
To conclude, I believe Car B has the most significant carbon footprint due to the total mass values equaling higher than those of A and C.

How many marks would I get?
I put equilibrium shifted to the left due to equilibrium wanting to reduce change and therefore shifting to the one with most moles.
For the experiment, please tell me I was supposed to do the evaporating basin experiment with a mass balance, then with the tripod, Bunsen burner and gauze? ...
Did anyone get 31 the 4 marker
Reply 27
I got all those too

post your answers ! ^^
Percentage question - 8.8%
Moles question - 0.002 (2x10^-3)
Last calculation question - 15 g
For the question about nitrogen oxide a in a car engine, I guessed and put car undergoes combustion through burning O2 and oxides of nitrogen are a product.

For the one where you had to speak about chromatography not including the practical, I said the solvent allows the mixture to be spread across the solute.

For the one about carbon and ethanol ??? I just said CO2 will always contain carbon as ethanol will. I said something about fermentation because I got stuck.
Reply 29
I put 310 but now I’m not sure 😂😂
post your answers ! ^^
Percentage question - 8.8%
Moles question - 0.002 (2x10^-3)
Last calculation question - 15 g

I got all of these, hopefully there right!! 😁
0.031 for the first 4 marker
8.8 percent for the percentage question
0.002 for the moles question
15 g for the mass question
Original post by Georgiax71x
For the experiment, please tell me I was supposed to do the evaporating basin experiment with a mass balance, then with the tripod, Bunsen burner and gauze? ...

That’s what I did 🤞🏻
The 6 marker, here is what I put.

For manufacturer, car C releases more CO2 and so increases its carbon footprint in comparison to A and B. However, for driving, car B produces a larger mass of CO2, suggesting it is heavier. The total mass from manufacture and driving 40000km, car C increases its chance of a higher carbon footprint due to its excess release of Carbon, suggesting the car is large or intricate. Although for the total mass of manufacture and driving 100000km, car C releases the most Co2.
To conclude, I believe Car B has the most significant carbon footprint due to the total mass values equaling higher than those of A and C.

How many marks would I get?

if you included date from the table and concluded by saying that C is the one with the higher cqrbonfoot print the yes
dammit! i didn't write in in the answer line as the way the question was worded put me off from writing it in the line
Original post by sqrt of 5
0.031 for the first 4 marker
8.8 percent for the percentage question
0.002 for the moles question
15 g for the mass question
The one for chromatgraphy was that the dyes have different solubilities therefore they are attracted to the paper differently and go up different distances
For the question about nitrogen oxide a in a car engine, I guessed and put car undergoes combustion through burning O2 and oxides of nitrogen are a product.

For the one where you had to speak about chromatography not including the practical, I said the solvent allows the mixture to be spread across the solute.

For the one about carbon and ethanol ??? I just said CO2 will always contain carbon as ethanol will. I said something about fermentation because I got stuck.
Last 4 marker this is as far as I got.
Sun is emitted as short wave radiation. It is absorbed as long wave infra red radiation. This is then absorbed by greenhouse gases, causing the earth to warm and the greenhouse effects. Things such as ice clads melting and a disruption in migration patterns are a result of this.

no they are not absorbed as longwave. they are deflected back as longwave radiation which are then absorbed by the greenhouse gases which re radiate them in all directions
I wrote the last part, I should get 2/4 hopefully
Original post by sqrt of 5
no they are not absorbed as longwave. they are deflected back as longwave radiation which are then absorbed by the greenhouse gases which re radiate them in all directions
Yes ! ^^
Yes. ^^
Original post by Natalia15
The one for chromatgraphy was that the dyes have different solubilities therefore they are attracted to the paper differently and go up different distances

Latest

Trending

Trending