The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For the mole question i had 7.8×10^4 instead of 0.002, as the text was asking for the moles of copper and not the mole of the molecule containing copper. I've just calculated the percentage of relative mass of copper present in the compound. Then I've multiplied the %(around 39%) to 0.002.

Tell me if I'm wrong pls
I said it would shift right (forward ) to make more product as it concentration decreases on product side
Original post by Georgiax71x
I put equilibrium shifted to the left due to equilibrium wanting to reduce change and therefore shifting to the one with most moles.
No clue sorry :frown:
Original post by Valentino299
For the mole question i had 7.8×10^4 instead of 0.002, as the text was asking for the moles of copper and not the mole of the molecule containing copper. I've just calculated the percentage of relative mass of copper present in the compound. Then I've multiplied the %(around 39%) to 0.002.

Tell me if I'm wrong pls
i put 0.008 as my answer but then crossed through it and wrote something else. do u think they’d look past it and give a mark?
For the moles question I put 2g for the answer do you think I’ll still get 2/3
why did you merge my thread it's soo confusing and i am not even written as the thread starter
Original post by Evil Homer
I've merged a few threads trying to sort a markscheme out so you are all together :smile:
Some of the chemical was removed.
This would reduce the moles.
Equilibrium would want to minimise that change and shift to where there were most moles as they had been removed.
This would mean to the left where there was more.

That is basically what o said
Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT
I said it would shift right (forward ) to make more product as it concentration decreases on product side
I put equilibrium shifted to the left due to equilibrium wanting to reduce change and therefore shifting to the one with most moles.

Moles didn't have anything to do with that question, since it was talking about SO3's concentration, not pressure. You're right on the equilibrium part tho
That’s what I thought :smile:
Original post by A.J_MURAPPR
Moles didn't have anything to do with that question, since it was talking about SO3's concentration, not pressure. You're right on the equilibrium part tho
I said you do evaporation cause even tho PH might be 7 it can still be not pure

I said the boiling point , pure water has a fixed boiling point
What did y’all get for the answer to the calculating the solid in the 100cm^3 river
For water test, first 2 marker
Drop of water into universal indicator paper. Turns green if it has a pH of 7 and is pure.

Purity of water is if it boils at exactly 100 celcius, many things are completely neutral
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 52
yup same, but some people got 0.0031 or smth like that for the moles one, i got 0.002 tho so
Original post by scarlettbx
Same i got those answers too
Reply 53
No I don’t think that’s right because it had to shift to the left to more reactant particles would react therefore increasing the products
Anyone else get 7.81g for one of the first maths questions?
I hope so because thats what I put
Original post by Aamilah.m
For the moles question I put 2g for the answer do you think I’ll still get 2/3
Reply 56
idk i put that the sun emits short wavelength radiation and when it gets into the atmosphere, the gas molecules don't strongly interact with the short wavelength radiation. but when the earth absorbs the radiation, it's reflected out as long wavelength radiation as infrared?, and the gas molecules strongly interact with the long wavelength radiation, causing the greenhouse gases to absorb the infrared radiation, and because the gases are trapped, it heats up the atmosphere
Original post by Lazaursq
What did y’all get for the answer to the calculating the solid in the 100cm^3 river

Last 4 marker this is as far as I got.
Sun is emitted as short wave radiation. It is absorbed as long wave infra red radiation. This is then absorbed by greenhouse gases, causing the earth to warm and the greenhouse effects. Things such as ice clads melting and a disruption in migration patterns are a result of this.
post your answers ! ^^
Percentage question - 8.8%
Moles question - 0.002 (2x10^-3)
Last calculation question - 15 g

The moles one isn’t 0.002, that’s the moles of copper sulfate NOT just copper which was needed in the question, the answer instead is 0.000796
I got the same, no one else seems to have read the question properly where it says moles of COPPER and not COPPER SULFATE
Original post by Valentino299

Tell me if I'm wrong pls
I said boil it and if it boils at 100 it’s pure

For water test, first 2 marker
Drop of water into universal indicator paper. Turns green if it has a pH of 7 and is pure.

Latest

Trending

Trending