The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oh yes great news
Original post by zackforest
1dm^3 is 1000cm^3 and I’m sure you’ll get 2 marks if you didn’t/ make a conversion mistake in your answer
I got the 0.31 too

Original post by 7hello4321
Same.
One question I got 0.002 moles
Another maths question to do with grams I got 0.31 or smth
Reply 82
i got 50.8805 but then i divided 1 by that because it was about 1dm^3. dont have a clue if that was right tho. i got 0.0196
Original post by Lazaursq
What did y’all get for the answer to the calculating the solid in the 100cm^3 river

Original post by Jsavill1234
I got
8.8%
50.8805(completely forgot anything I learned for papper one)
15g
2 of them are defo wrong but that paper skipped all over the course.
I got 31000 ik that’s definitely wrong tho, do u think I cld get any marks
I got 0.03125 then to 2 sf I put 0.03??
Original post by Georgiax71x
For water test, first 2 marker
Drop of water into universal indicator paper. Turns green if it has a pH of 7 and is pure.

I wrote distillation
Reply 86
For the experiment, please tell me I was supposed to do the evaporating basin experiment with a mass balance, then with the tripod, Bunsen burner and gauze? ...

Yh thats exactly what i put.
Reply 87
I put equilibrium shifted to the left due to equilibrium wanting to reduce change and therefore shifting to the one with most moles.

No it shifts to right
Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT
I said you do evaporation cause even tho PH might be 7 it can still be not pure

You test it’s boiling point. If it’s 100°c then it’s pure x
What did anyone put for the test and result for oxygen? really confused me for some reason😂
thats what I did
For the experiment, please tell me I was supposed to do the evaporating basin experiment with a mass balance, then with the tripod, Bunsen burner and gauze? ...
thats what I did! So glad someone else did the same as me
Original post by laurenrobinsonn
You test it’s boiling point. If it’s 100°c then it’s pure x
For water test, first 2 marker
Drop of water into universal indicator paper. Turns green if it has a pH of 7 and is pure.

It’s pH can be 7 if it isn’t pure water
The oxygen test was the relighting of the glowing splint. Most easiest one and I think it's the only one that I actually got correct lollllll.
Reply 94
I put they dissolved at different rates do ya reckon that’s close enough or did I bomb it?!?!?
Original post by Natalia15
The one for chromatgraphy was that the dyes have different solubilities therefore they are attracted to the paper differently and go up different distances
Reply 95
The chromatography identity question (answer was):
Calculate the RF value using chemical distance/solvent line distance and then compare your values to online Rf values, if they are the same they are the same chemical.
I think it’s by calculating rf values
Original post by hols52
I put they dissolved at different rates do ya reckon that’s close enough or did I bomb it?!?!?
Reply 97
Original post by Kaywarren321
this paper was so good!!! I was so worried that it would be really hard as paper 1 chemistry was good too.

ygm
Reply 98
Everybody is talking about some question giving the answer of like 0.31 or 31 but I can't remember this question, may somebody tell me what the question was?
Reply 99
Original post by lxkah
The chromatography identity question (answer was):
Calculate the RF value using chemical distance/solvent line distance and then compare your values to online Rf values, if they are the same they are the same chemical.

Nah basically the known food colour dots that lined up with the unknown food colour were the ones that made up the unknown food colour. We would then calculate the RF value for the ones that lined up.

Latest

Trending

Trending