The Student Room Group

OCR biology paper 2 2019 discussion

Scroll to see replies

ohhhhh I said it was because some of the nuclei might have been removed and then stored for a while before use so you might not know the actual age... idk if that's right ahhhh
Original post by Sara saeed
I wrote the development of embryo of mice and the other organism is at different rates so cannot he shown using the same scale
What did people get for the end question, (the fill in the blanks one)
Reply 62
I got : ABDDADACCBCAAAD
I got the hardy weinberg one wrong and I’m not sure about the other ones
Reply 63
I said because the mouse and frog are different species with different lifespans and so it wouldn't make sense to compare them in terms years/age as they develop at different rates and are considered to be adults are different ages
Original post by Ameliakkmm
Why was the age not shown on the X axis
I said it’s hard to tell the exact age of a nucleus because it’s taken from a body cell and you don’t know when it was produced by mitosis something like that
Original post by normanis
Don’t they fuse by electricity?

Yeah I put electrofusion??
Original post by Gabby.spencer
Well I got 10,082 so yeah den

I got the same, 99% sure it’s wrong though
Reply 66
I got
CCDAABCCDBCABDD
For the improvement 6 marker did anyone else say the amount of fertiliser wasn’t specified, so has to be controlled = more validity - don’t actually know if they specified it?
control water and temperature
low in replicability because did it once - do it three times and then do a mean and statistical test (I said SD or T-Test to make correlations and see if it’s significant)
Reply 68
i remember i used carbon somewhere and can't remember the other words i put but it was a nice 6 mark fill in
also the last bit: cholesterol helps with stability and produces steroids + vitamins
Original post by SkateNation123
What did people get for the end question, (the fill in the blanks one)
Original post by Hir7
1192 for phospholipids, 6.25% percentage uncertainty, 10% woodland, 0.65 something for index, Higher amounts of LDL proteins in blood and tissues lowering density which allowed aquatic organisms to float on water, hydrolysis is the breaking of ester bonds through additions of water molecules,

I got exactly everything you said
was the atoms bit hydrogen?
Original post by beepss
i remember i used carbon somewhere and can't remember the other words i put but it was a nice 6 mark fill in
also the last bit: cholesterol helps with stability and produces steroids + vitamins
Reply 71
oh yeah i remember now cause unsaturated bonds means less hydrogens
Original post by normanis
was the atoms bit hydrogen?
Reply 72
what did people get for hardy weinberg? think i put B 22.7%
i got the around 50 but knowing me it’s wrong
Original post by KatieQ
Yeah I used carbon and hydrogen somewhere and then stability an vitamins. I think I said insoluble and storage too somewhere
Original post by beepss
I also said they were used for energy storage and I also said lipids were insoluble
Original post by beepss
oh yeah i remember now cause unsaturated bonds means less hydrogens
Original post by KatieQ

I put D which was like 48 or something
yh it was storage > insoluble > carbon > hydrogen > stability > vitamins (don’t know whether it was about bonds or water first)
Yeah I used carbon and hydrogen somewhere and then stability an vitamins. I think I said insoluble and storage too somewhere
Number of phospholipids = 4 x pi x 2.05^2 X 21 = 1108
Uncertainty = 0.5 x 2 = 1 / 16 x 100 = 6.25
10% for estimation of woodland.
Bile as last answer for filing in the blanks.
Ester bonds broken. Drew diagram for further evaluation.
Reply 79
yee that's all the words i used too thanks for reminding, that's a guaranteed 6 marks out of 100 for us (-:

Original post by willfoot89
I also said they were used for energy storage and I also said lipids were insoluble

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending