The Student Room Group

Opinions on Adele?

As above ^^

Me personally I like her.

I think she’s got a great tone, and during live performances can replicate songs sounding just like they were on record. However, even though I would consider myself a big fan of hers, I do admit there may be some faults in her technique ( high notes for example). She admits that she struggles with them too so I think that makes me like her even more. Her vocal issues also arise after nearly every album.
As for her songs, they’re not very ‘pragmatic’ in that some of them are explicit in meaning, but do they need to be? They’re great songs which send a message, and are different to everyone who hears them.
Herself as a person is the most down to earth you can get, and she’s funny. People who comment on her looks are either visually impaired, too judgemental, or think they’re perfect themselves.
There’s no denying that she’s popular, her sales show this. I know the majority think she’s overrated but she’s worked from the bottom and got to where she is now? That is incredible and she deserves to be ‘overrated’ if that is he label.
I listen to her on a daily basis and really like her, one of my favourite artists.
My 5 favourite songs: Can’t let go, hello, Water under the bridge, many shades of black, hometown glory.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Good voice and I reckon we'd get on, but her music is SO SAD
her sad music makes me so happy
Incredible singer, her music is a bit boring for me though.
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
Good voice and I reckon we'd get on, but her music is SO SAD

Very true lmao. I guess it’s how you interpret it (19 and 21 we’re just depressing, which I like tbh). 25 was written from a different place, and a few songs were upbeat. But she admits herself they’re all depressing so if that’s what she likes then go for it lmao
Reply 5
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Incredible singer, her music is a bit boring for me though.

Yeah the theme is pretty much the same for all 3 albums, and if the rumours are true on her comeback it looks like her fourth will be the same (her divorce)
Reply 6
Original post by eng12344
Very true lmao. I guess it’s how you interpret it (19 and 21 we’re just depressing, which I like tbh). 25 was written from a different place, and a few songs were upbeat. But she admits herself they’re all depressing so if that’s what she likes then go for it lmao

Yeah, 25 did have its moments. I don't think I could hack a full show of hers just because the majority of her stuff is so mournful, but that's just me!
Reply 7
That's sure.Adele is a great singer that everyone loves and listens to her songs
Also.Adele's sang give me energy and motivation.
I recommend those who haven't listened to Adele's music to listen to it one:smile:
Some of her songs are alright. Its just her voice that gets on my nerves a bit though.

Quick Reply

Latest