The Student Room Group

Is too late??

Is it possible to get a 9 in English Lang in less than 3 months?
of course it isnt, especially with english lang. just remember this key, paper 1 (for aqa i mean) is all about YOUR emotional response to writing. so the examiner is asking you to put this in writing.

paper two is about the AUTHORS emotions on a topic as well as how YOU respond to their texts as a reader.
sorry if this confused you, i was predicted a 9 for english lang.

make sure you know what the examiner is looking for, and you can walk into the exam not knowing a thing about english lang but still bag an 8/9 because everything you need to know is already in your head, unlike maths or science where you need to remember. you just need to pick the right things. something that helped me was connotations. whenever your stuck with what to write about just think about relevant connotations, whatever you think right it down its valuable, have no restraints on your thoughts.
Thanks for the tip! I do eduqas :smile:
Hi there. You've made many threads about this same subject, I've counted at least 5+ not including this one. I definitely understand GCSE stress, but there isn't much more you can do than what people have already suggested. You've received lots of good advice with people assuring you that you'll be alright, so I'm not sure what the need is? Seriously, as long as you keep on working hard and following the advice you've been given, there isn't much else to do.
Original post by clueIxss
Hi there. You've made many threads about this same subject, I've counted at least 5+ not including this one. I definitely understand GCSE stress, but there isn't much more you can do than what people have already suggested. You've received lots of good advice with people assuring you that you'll be alright, so I'm not sure what the need is? Seriously, as long as you keep on working hard and following the advice you've been given, there isn't much else to do.

Sorry and I’m aware of that... it’s because I struggle like ALOT with doubts and lack of self belief and I ALWAYS need someone else to reassure me
Plus I suffer with severe anxiety and so my worries gets the best of me
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
Sorry and I’m aware of that... it’s because I struggle like ALOT with doubts and lack of self belief and I ALWAYS need someone else to reassure me

I understand, but you have posts and posts full of reassurance by now. I 100% understand not feeling confident in yourself, but at this point I reckon you're just going to keep getting the same advice, so it's more useful to take the advice you've received and actually work on implementing it into your studies. Also, it's a lot more productive to work on sleeping well so you can get good quality work done in the day, instead of stressing into the early hours of the morning on TSR.
Original post by clueIxss
I understand, but you have posts and posts full of reassurance by now. I 100% understand not feeling confident in yourself, but at this point I reckon you're just going to keep getting the same advice, so it's more useful to take the advice you've received and actually work on implementing it into your studies. Also, it's a lot more productive to work on sleeping well so you can get good quality work done in the day, instead of stressing into the early hours of the morning on TSR.

I see. Sorry for my posts
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
I see. Sorry for my posts

You don't need to apologise. I'm mentioning it for your benefit, not because you're doing something wrong. You're spending time worrying and stressing looking for more answers when you have some clear ideas about what you can do to boost your grades (honestly, not getting a 9 isn't the end of the world either- even a 7 is a fantastic grade!). Getting yourself more panicked and stressed by just repeating the same posts is just going to continue to make you worry even though people have told you that it's possible to do well. Read what people have said, take it on board, and work hard!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending