The Student Room Group

Missed my job interview

Hey all so I was meant to have a job interview on the 28th of September at 3 o clock for a stock assistant job at Argos. My dad was taking me but he didn't know where it was so ended up being too late for it then later on in the evening I got an email from them rejecting me and said that I can't apply for that job again for another 6 months. So is it too late to try and rearrange it now ??
To put it bluntly, yes. They've already rejected you and they will have already made their decision and hired someone else who may have even have started by now.
In the future, if you're going to be late to/miss an interview, ring them asap to let them know. This will give you the best chance to rearrange it. They would also be able to help you with directions if you're lost en route too. If you just don't turn up, they will assume you're no longer interested and will automatically reject you.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so I was meant to have a job interview on the 28th of September at 3 o clock for a stock assistant job at Argos. My dad was taking me but he didn't know where it was so ended up being too late for it then later on in the evening I got an email from them rejecting me and said that I can't apply for that job again for another 6 months. So is it too late to try and rearrange it now ??

Yes, it's too late to rearrange it now. They have already rejected you.
If you were going to be late for whatever reason you should have phoned them up when you were on your way to let them know.
As above, the best chance of salvaging this would have been contacting them whilst you were en route. From their POV you just no-showed.
I did try to call them when I knew that I was gonna be late but they dind't answer and I only had a 30 min slot so I knew that I wouldn't get it if I turned up late or rescheduled it so that y I didnd't do anything
Can’t do anything now. The fact that you figured not to do anything cause it would’ve been “too late” comes off poor from an employer’s POV as it sort of gives them a glimpse into the future, e.g. if you got the job and you had to miss a shift cause of a unforeseen urgent matter but didn’t inform them as you thought it was “too late” to do so, which would result in them being understaffed.

It’s okay, learning point here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending